JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a box of TulAmmo 150 gr in .308 Win. At $9 a box in WalMart I couldn't pass on it.

I was going to use it for plinking with my Rem 700 SPS Tac AAC-SD (1:10 twist).

Then I read some stuff online about it messing up your barrel??? :huh:

Anyone shoot this stuff out of a .308? Any problems? Results? Thanks.

Just inspect the bullets before you shoot it. I bought a box for my PTR (which is ironically the most picky rifle I know when it comes to ammo) and it shot fine. Where did you read about TULA messing up your barrel? Got a website?

Yeah. Here are a couple of sites: comments by Axman58 Ok to shoot TulAmmo out of TRP? - 1911Forum

Herter's .308 steel cased ammo failure (ruined my rifle) - M14 Forum

Comment on youtube from: Moldovawineimporter YouTube - ‪Tulammo Review Bushmaster MOE‬‏
"As gunsmith that build AR's and repairs them for customs I like this Russian junk ammo because I have 48 AR barrels right now in the corner damaged from customers shooting Wolf ammo and other steel cased ammo . Each gun cost the customer $875 to fix the gun so this cheap ammo is keeping me making money .
That copper pealed up at the case neck is the cause of more damage to your barrel in the throat lands also so you choose have your AR fixed after using Russian ammo or long use of your AR"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top