Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tula & Wolf Ammo

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by NavyBob, Feb 13, 2014.

1. NavyBob

NavyBob michigan Active Member

It kills me everytime I get an ad sent to me from Ammo companies. They are out of everything, but no problem getting Russian anything. If I need .380, does this mean the Russians produce more and get it imported, received by their supplier, distributed to the wholesaler, sold to the ammo companies, and finally to us?

They must have their respective crap together, or no one what's it. Any Russian customers out there?

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Some prefer not to use steel case ammo whether it be for wear and tear on the firearms or not wanting to run well through the weapon. I have not had any issues with it especially since the coating type has been changed.

3. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

I will shoot it, Seems to put just as big of smile on my face. Oh shucks you say...You actually wore out your gun?....Time to go gun shopping!!!!:banana:

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I train (and yes I do mean train) with steel cased ammo.
    Its just too expensive to do it otherwise.. Unless its blazer brass.

Love me some steel cased 9mm, .45, .223 7.62x39 and .308

5. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

It will still stop a bad guy or put food on the table. I've had zero issues with the Wolf ammo that I've used so far and if its all thats available I will shoot it.

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

It's military ammo designed for military (Russian.. lol) guns. Be happy.

7. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'll use Wolf in 7.62x39, but never again will I buy it in 45 ACP. Maybe it was the (bad) luck of the draw that I got some out of a bad lot, but it was the most inconsistent ammo I've ever used in my gun. It's not the steel case that bothered me, it was the squib loads that I didn't care for. Someday someone might change my mind, but I think it will have to be free ammo to me or it won't happen.

Pretty surprised after the results I'd had with the rifle ammo...

8. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Never tried it in a handgun, but I have absolutely no issues in my AR with it. They say it will wear out your weapon in 18000 rounds as opposed to 20000 with brass, I probably honestly will never shoot that many in my lifetime.

9. Michael Js

Michael Js Greater Seattle, WA Active Member

Use it all the time, no issues! Just bought some Tula Gold - brass casing, FMJ - very good price for 5.56 :)

Use the regular garbage in my 9mm, .45, 5.56...no issues. I clean after I shoot, every time ;)

10. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I never had a problem with steel cased stuff, and I will shoot it in anything. I usually like to buy brass for reloading though. Wolf .22lr is some very good stuff.

11. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I have shot a lot of the rifle stuff. No problems for me there. I have shot some pistol, and while I didn't have any problem with it, I didn't care for it as much. Cant really say why though. I do reload a ton though.

As for wearing guns out so what. ALL tools wear out. A couple years back I did the math on cost on an M1A for someone that did not want to shoot steel cased because it would "wear out his gun". At that time if he shot 10k rounds of each he simply could have shot 10k of "good" ammo. If he shot 10k of steel stuff he would have shot 10k of ammo, bought a brand new M1A, AND still and money left over for 2k more steel ammo. Obviously you are not going to fully wear out a gun in that time so the savings just keep going up........

12. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

My Golani loves steel cased 5.56. My semi-auto Uzi won't cycle the 9mm.

13. PORSCHE928S4

PORSCHE928S4 Newport, Oregon Active Member

I use Tula to find out if a AR is a keeper or not dump three thirty round mags if there are no ftf ,jams or fires voula you have yourself a keeper . :gun03::gun03::gun03::gun03::gun04:

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  14. tahoe2

tahoe2 Seattle area, Washington state Member

Tula 7.62x39 in the AK has worked flawlessly for over 500 rounds, cheap and accurate, and very clean burning. Norinco (Chinese) throws one helluva fireball, but not as clean.

15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Shoot, Im trying for the opposite,
    Steel cased ammo for my ARs and Brass cased for my AKs.
    Go figure. ;)

16. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

My FN eats them like they are jelly beans, no issues.