JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It kills me everytime I get an ad sent to me from Ammo companies. They are out of everything, but no problem getting Russian anything. If I need .380, does this mean the Russians produce more and get it imported, received by their supplier, distributed to the wholesaler, sold to the ammo companies, and finally to us?

They must have their respective crap together, or no one what's it. Any Russian customers out there?

Some prefer not to use steel case ammo whether it be for wear and tear on the firearms or not wanting to run well through the weapon. I have not had any issues with it especially since the coating type has been changed.

I train (and yes I do mean train) with steel cased ammo.
Its just too expensive to do it otherwise.. Unless its blazer brass.

Love me some steel cased 9mm, .45, .223 7.62x39 and .308

I'll use Wolf in 7.62x39, but never again will I buy it in 45 ACP. Maybe it was the (bad) luck of the draw that I got some out of a bad lot, but it was the most inconsistent ammo I've ever used in my gun. It's not the steel case that bothered me, it was the squib loads that I didn't care for. Someday someone might change my mind, but I think it will have to be free ammo to me or it won't happen.

Pretty surprised after the results I'd had with the rifle ammo...

Never tried it in a handgun, but I have absolutely no issues in my AR with it. They say it will wear out your weapon in 18000 rounds as opposed to 20000 with brass, I probably honestly will never shoot that many in my lifetime.

I have shot a lot of the rifle stuff. No problems for me there. I have shot some pistol, and while I didn't have any problem with it, I didn't care for it as much. Cant really say why though. I do reload a ton though.

As for wearing guns out so what. ALL tools wear out. A couple years back I did the math on cost on an M1A for someone that did not want to shoot steel cased because it would "wear out his gun". At that time if he shot 10k rounds of each he simply could have shot 10k of "good" ammo. If he shot 10k of steel stuff he would have shot 10k of ammo, bought a brand new M1A, AND still and money left over for 2k more steel ammo. Obviously you are not going to fully wear out a gun in that time so the savings just keep going up........