Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tula Made Ex-Sniper Mosin Nagant Matching #'s

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by bigezfosheez, Feb 10, 2011.

1. bigezfosheez

bigezfosheez Washington County Active Member

This is a 1943 Mosin Nagant made in the Tula factory. It has all the marking to indicate it being an ex-sniper. Tula stamp, plugged scope mount holes, marking "cn" on reciever, counter bored barrel. Everything in excelent condition like the day it came off the refurbishment line and stuck in a bunker on left side of reciever. This is one of the more collectible mosin nagants and better performing. Tula made the most durable compared to other factories and the counterbored barrel was only for the snipers. I'm asking $250obo or i'm willing to trade for a handgun

105.jpg

098.jpg

2. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

from 7.62x54.net

22 Q. Why is the muzzle of my rifle a larger diameter than the rest of the barrel?
    A. It has been "counterbored". This is done when the muzzle has become worn and accuracy has degraded. The bore is drilled out to provide a fresh crown at undamaged rifling. Here is a picture comparing a counterbored rifle (left) and one that is not counterbored (right). More illustrations can be found on the Mosin Nagant Rifle Barrel Contours page.

counterbore.JPG

3. bigezfosheez

bigezfosheez Washington County Active Member

err.. as in counterbored, i meant that instead of multiple inward grooves twisting inside the barrel. There is only one extruding from the barrel with more spirals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.