Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tula ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 22many, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

So its been out for a couple years. What everybody opinion on this ammo? Any problems with broken parts in rifles? Handguns?

Any failure to fires?

2. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

I've had a blown primer in .223

3. shoe

shoe Carlton, OR Member

My Sig 226 and 229 don't like em for some reason, don't seem to eject correctly.

4. 22many

Just one or was it multiple? How many rounds have you shot?

5. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

The first 200 rounds I put through my RIA 1911 Tact .45ACP was Tula ammo, and other than being a bit dirty, it shot just fine.

6. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

1 using 'Tula' and 1 using 'Wolf' both .223. Approx 1000 rounds so far. I have ~700 more to go thru.

7. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

this ammo sucks... i have problems with it in guns that i never have any problems with..like xds and lcp

8. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

I have shot a few thousand rounds of this without any problems. I shoot 9MM, 45 ACP, .223 and no failures in any caliber.

9. 22many

Can you please specify the problems that you were having?

10. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

What's really strange is that the "Tula/Wolf" ammo tends to be on the crappy side yet their primers are fantastic. "Russian" primers are now the choice of many competitors. I use Tula/Wolf primers for my .223 loads and in my .308 practice ammo I find them to yield almost the same accuracy as the CCI Bench Rest primers.

Look at a box of these primers and they all have a uniform appearance unlike the "US" primers which seem to have varying layers of sealer on them. Far from a uniform appearance.

I also like the fact that the primers are 1/2 to 2/3 rds the price of the US made primers. Truly "more bang for the buck".

11. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

kahr cw40 500+ no problems s&w m&p 15 1000+ no problems tangfolio witness 9mm p 1000+ no problems

12. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

I have a High Standard 1911 compact (45acp) & a AMT Backup (380). They are both tuned & very good shooters. I have fed both of these pistols a variety of commercial ammo, & a variety of "home grown" ammo. These pistols will eat any ammo I feed them, except "TULA"!!!!! Both pistols experienced failure to feed & failure to eject with this ammo. I wont go as far as to say this ammo is crap, but I will say, I'm not going to purchase any more of it!!

13. FMJ 911

FMJ 911 Snohomish, Washington Active Member

I have some older 7.62x39mm "TCW" 123-grain HP ammo. It's lacquered green casings with red sealer on the primer and around where the case and bullet meet. Overall it's been good ammo, a little dirty, but my AK and SKS don't seem to care too much.