JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Price 14 bucks per box of 50
Salem area
Can I do better with pricing?
No online prices as shipping most often off sets the price

I do not reload so no need to respond to reloading

Good or bad for the gun and why?

IMG_1058.jpg

Tulammo isn't all that bad. Steel casing are fine but they're dirtier to shoot than brass because it doesn't expand as much as brass. Hence it doesn't seal as well from the residue blowback. Of course you'll have some FTF or FTE if you shoot enough of any brand of ammo. As far as pricing though $15 is about right. Bimart will sometimes have sales that will bring the prices to $15 or you can go to any local gun show and get that price too. What are you shooting this out of?

I fire this stuff from my SKS all the time. I love it. It's super cheap, and no better/worse than any other ammo I've fired.

We all (Had better) clean our guns, but I hear the SKS is much more tolerant of a dirty barrel.

I'm picking up some brass to reload as well, but for training and even for defense it's a fine choice.

I see FMJ and HP ammo available from Tulammo. I've thought about picking up a few boxes of hollow points to keep around for defense and maybe even hunting.

In AKs its perfect, usually low price point and not all that dirty.
Hornady actually went and made "Match Ammo" with steel. Now I know they use better powder but still, just goes to show you that if you're going to shoot or stock up quite a bit on ammo steel would be a good option. Brass is great if you reload or if you're shooting firearms that can't handle it.
I say go for it.

Good plinking ammo, but be wary of squibs! I have shot my whole life, and the only squibs Ive ever had were from recent Russian steel cased ammo. 7.62x39 and .223. Both from Tula and Wolf. Not too huge a deal, just something to keep in the back of your mind.

I have shot cases of Tula and Wolf. Yes, it is dirty. Yes, it stinks. Yes it is hard on extractors. Yes, it is relatively cheap. My experience is primarily with 9mm, 9x18, some .45, a lot of .223, a lot of 7.62x39. There are a lot of tales about this ammo and yes, I have had a couple of squib rounds and a few FTE's but not much worse than Winchester White Box. Tula/Wolf seems to be a little hotter than the Winchester and accuracy is about the same with pistol calibers. Where is seems to lack in consistency is with 223 if you compare it to M193/855. I intend to continue to use it as range ammo. I would not consider it for SHTF except for Russian weapons.

On a recent time out I had an average of about 1 or 2 FTF per magazine using TulAmmo 9mm

One could say that's a negative, or you could say it's a good training tool to experience a surprise FTF every now and then.

Thanks for the feed back
sounds like good plinking ammo
Range report after this weekend
is there any other factory ammo to stay away from?
I looking for plinking ammo only

I shoot this stuff out of my SKS/AK all the time, no misfires or FTE yet. From time to time I also shoot it out of my 1911, no complaints!

I think it's the AR15s people are worried about. When I had an AR I played it safe and kept to brass because I kept hearing these stories of broken extractors.

Also note, the parts in your rifle and/or pistol are hardened the steel that they use for the case is not. A hardened surface cannot take significant damage from an unhardened material. Plinking ammo or not this stuff gets the job done.

Shot another box last night and not one bad round or feed

What interesting was all the boxes in the garbage looks like alot of folks are using the ammo

Best price Walmart

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads