JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police in Tukwila were searching for two people who shot and wounded a man Thursday afternoon after he confronted them while they were attempting to steal the victim's catalytic converter from his vehicle, authorities said.

The OP , gives one something to consider when engaging a threat....
They may have help , they want to live as much you do ...
And , you won't have a clear idea of what you are actually getting into , when engaging.

Please note that I am not saying to never engage or sit by , etc....
I am saying that if you do engage , understand that it may go your way or that all is as it appears to be.
Andy

Remember the thread about the vid of the two guys stealing a converter, with one guy covering the house with a pistol?

Remember the debate as to whether the guy with the pistol was fair game?

I rest my case.
After that video surfaced I think we all knew this would be a headline sooner or later.

Instead of using my garage as storage like most people I park my cars in it. I don't have a choice with my third vehicle but luckily it's a diesel truck. It does have a cat but it's worth less than $100 at the scrap yard. My neighbors, who park much nicer cars on the street, their cats are worth much more. I did have someone steal some of my diesel fuel once by suctioning it out but have since put a locking gas cap on and park in a more visible spot where I can see that side of my truck from the living room. If I ever see someone pointing guns at my house when messing with my truck I'm not sure what I would do to be honest. If my kids are in the living room I'm not going to open fire that's for sure.

How are things in your neck of the woods?

Aloha, Mark

How are things in your neck of the woods?

Aloha, Mark
I lived in Oklahoma in the early 90s. They were using US currency then. What are they using now were you can bond out after fighting with cops while getting caught red handed for $150? (10% of the bail)

I guess Oklahoma should be proud their courts actually arrest people. I never turned in catalytic converter or copper wire for cash, but it seems like there could be something like a background check to track repeat "customers". Not a fan of government intervention but there are cases.

Not saying that it's the answer but......

After watching the TV show Pawn Stars.....Hummmm?

Yeah.....
BUT, But, but.....
Paperwork and Govt.

Aloha, Mark

With the price of gas climbing daily, I predict the theft of fuel from vehicles will rise.
Yep. My mom's truck just got hit a couple days ago. They even left the siphon stuck in the tank as a gift. Portland near Se 112th and Powell.
Why my folks still live in that god forsaken, trash heap of a place is beyond my comprehension. They are not poor, just enjoy living surrounded by meth heads and gangs, I suppose.

Screenshot_20220328-132737~2.png

Given the number of converter thefts in this country, it must be possible to determine who is buying them from the tweakers. I suspect that the buyers are being protected, probably because of payoffs. Making it difficult/impossible to sell the stolen converters is the key to solving this problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top