JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
TSA Will Permit Knives, Golf Clubs on U.S. Planes - Bloomberg

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration will let people carry small pocketknives onto passenger planes for the first time since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, along with golf clubs, hockey sticks and plastic Wiffle Ball-style bats.

The agency will permit knives with retractable blades shorter than 6 centimeters (2.36 inches) and narrower than 1/2 inch, TSA Administrator John Pistole said today at an aviation security conference in Brooklyn. The change, to conform with international rules, takes effect April 25.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? I see this as another way to cut cost. Less man power, more money saved.

My current carry knife seems to be compliant, except that it takes utility blades. Everyone who has seen it considers it a box cutter, which the TSA still won't permit due to emotional connections. Then again, I only fly once every two years or so.

I will only be happy after the gestapo TSA is eliminated!

You aren't a fan of security theater either? I've wanted to eliminate the TSA for about a decade. You get a lot less people with astounded looks today when you say you'll take a chance of being killed by terrorists instead of dealing with the TSA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top