Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TSA Orders Mom To Pump Milk From Breasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erudne, Mar 3, 2012.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

The title should read: TSA Forces Mom To Pump Milk
    ‘Embarrassed and Humiliated’: TSA Apologizes After Ordering Nursing Mom to Pump Breast Milk Into Bottles Before Boarding
    Posted on March 3, 2012 at 8:34am by Madeleine Morgenstern
    Amy Strand was made to pump breast milk in an airport bathroom before being permitted to board a flight. (Image source: KITV-TV)
    The Transportation Security Administration has apologized after a mother in Hawaii was left “embarrassed and humiliated” after an agent ordered her to pump breast milk in an airport bathroom to prove her electric pump was real.

Amy Strand was traveling with her 9-month-old daughter on her way home from Kauai Wednesday when she was told she would not be allowed to board until she could show the agent full bottles of breast milk, Hawaii ABC affiliate KITV-TV reported.

Just minutes before going through security Wednesday, she said she had done “what no nursing mother wants to do” and dumped the breast milk from the bottles, thinking they would be a screening hassle. But when she was going through the line, the agent stopped her and asked to look at her equipment, which included the pump, a cooler pack and the empty bottles. Because recently-changed TSA guidelines permit women to fly with breast milk but treat electric pumps as medical equipment, Strand had to prove the pump was medically necessary to be able to fly with it.

“I asked him if there was a private place I could pump and he said no, you can go in the women’s bathroom. I had to stand in front of the mirrors and the sinks and pump my breast in front of every tourist that walked into that bathroom,” she told KITV. “I was embarrassed and humiliated and then angry that I was treated this way
    :paranoid:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. ericb

ericb Klamath Falls, OR Active Member

Just when you think the TSA can't get any more invasive or ridiculous... I can't believe the mindset in this country, everyone is a terrorist, everyone must be violated or the boogieman might get you. I'm fed up with these minimum wage fatass pervert federal goons harassing my countrymen and countrywomen.

3. Teamowner

Teamowner Vancouver, Wa. Member

The worst is yet to come.

Bunny, Redcap, sandman1212 and 3 others like this.
  4. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Helping us defend this country agains Mothers with milk. Kinda makes you wonder doesnt it?

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

What happens when they find my Condoms?

6. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

"Your papers, comrade?..."

7. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

They made me do the same thing with my penis pump.

8. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Lol..... You want a male agent or female?

9. MFL

MFL Woodinville New Member

I actually met a nice officer at Seatac the other day, he was friendly and laughed off my joke about my god-son flying to the phillipines for the new Al Qaeda Boot Camp. Largely because he was a Port Authority Officer and not one of those douchebags known by many as the TSA. Last time I checked, nursing mothers didn't hijack airplanes...

10. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

..... with milk please.

I would be so irate had my wife been informed that she would have to abide by some made up rule. I think I may have ended up owning that airport (as my neighbor says.. he is sue happy)

kenno and (deleted member) like this.
  11. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Sounds like the TSA agent is a pervert.

12. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

WINNER!!

macdougall29, Redcap, kenno and 3 others like this.
  13. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

That's outrageous and pisses me off. :mad: I'd tell TSA to go bubblegum themselves.

14. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

A lack of cooperation simply proves your guilt. Good luck making your flight.

Welcome to the brave new world.

15. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Not really. If I choose not to fly and walk out..... what are they going to do to me? They can't force me to use their flight services.

16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Just more security theater from the TSA. Their funding should be tied to their success rate of stopping terrorists.

Because of the TSA, I have no desire to fly.

Redcap, Bunny, Grunwald and 7 others like this.
  17. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

You would be detained under suspicion, searched and questioned. You would not be allowed to just...walk out.

18. Mattiosmaximos

Mattiosmaximos Blachly Member

I have to fly to 4 trade shows a year and I loathe it every time. My trip back from Texas last month a new 80.00 backpack and 100.00 Benchmade knife where stolen from my luggage between Texas and EUG. Flying sucks.

19. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Take a gun in your checked baggage. Even a starter pistol is treated as a firearm and allows you to lock a large hardsided case with non TSA locks. I would carry anything valuable in mine. They inspect it when you're around and it leaves locked. I've never been asked to unlock my luggage for inspection. I prefer not to trust my luggage to their security screeners.

branson4020, Redcap, Jasonsan and 3 others like this.
  20. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

I see Joe Link deleted erudne's appology thread for receiving a warning from same for posting that OP on the hanging of the pastor because he would not convert to Islam. the appology OP, the entire thread, as well. I wonder if he banned erudne as well?