JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The title should read: TSA Forces Mom To Pump Milk
‘Embarrassed and Humiliated': TSA Apologizes After Ordering Nursing Mom to Pump Breast Milk Into Bottles Before Boarding
Posted on March 3, 2012 at 8:34am by Madeleine Morgenstern
Amy Strand was made to pump breast milk in an airport bathroom before being permitted to board a flight. (Image source: KITV-TV)
The Transportation Security Administration has apologized after a mother in Hawaii was left "embarrassed and humiliated" after an agent ordered her to pump breast milk in an airport bathroom to prove her electric pump was real.

Amy Strand was traveling with her 9-month-old daughter on her way home from Kauai Wednesday when she was told she would not be allowed to board until she could show the agent full bottles of breast milk, Hawaii ABC affiliate KITV-TV reported.

Just minutes before going through security Wednesday, she said she had done "what no nursing mother wants to do" and dumped the breast milk from the bottles, thinking they would be a screening hassle. But when she was going through the line, the agent stopped her and asked to look at her equipment, which included the pump, a cooler pack and the empty bottles. Because recently-changed TSA guidelines permit women to fly with breast milk but treat electric pumps as medical equipment, Strand had to prove the pump was medically necessary to be able to fly with it.

"I asked him if there was a private place I could pump and he said no, you can go in the women's bathroom. I had to stand in front of the mirrors and the sinks and pump my breast in front of every tourist that walked into that bathroom," she told KITV. "I was embarrassed and humiliated and then angry that I was treated this way
:s0131:

Last Edited:
Just when you think the TSA can't get any more invasive or ridiculous... I can't believe the mindset in this country, everyone is a terrorist, everyone must be violated or the boogieman might get you. I'm fed up with these minimum wage fatass pervert federal goons harassing my countrymen and countrywomen.

I actually met a nice officer at Seatac the other day, he was friendly and laughed off my joke about my god-son flying to the phillipines for the new Al Qaeda Boot Camp. Largely because he was a Port Authority Officer and not one of those douchebags known by many as the TSA. Last time I checked, nursing mothers didn't hijack airplanes...

..... with milk please.

I would be so irate had my wife been informed that she would have to abide by some made up rule. I think I may have ended up owning that airport (as my neighbor says.. he is sue happy)

Just more security theater from the TSA. Their funding should be tied to their success rate of stopping terrorists.

Because of the TSA, I have no desire to fly.

I have to fly to 4 trade shows a year and I loathe it every time. My trip back from Texas last month a new 80.00 backpack and 100.00 Benchmade knife where stolen from my luggage between Texas and EUG. Flying sucks.

I have to fly to 4 trade shows a year and I loathe it every time. My trip back from Texas last month a new 80.00 backpack and 100.00 Benchmade knife where stolen from my luggage between Texas and EUG. Flying sucks.

Take a gun in your checked baggage. Even a starter pistol is treated as a firearm and allows you to lock a large hardsided case with non TSA locks. I would carry anything valuable in mine. They inspect it when you're around and it leaves locked. I've never been asked to unlock my luggage for inspection. I prefer not to trust my luggage to their security screeners.

I see Joe Link deleted erudne's appology thread for receiving a warning from same for posting that OP on the hanging of the pastor because he would not convert to Islam. the appology OP, the entire thread, as well. I wonder if he banned erudne as well?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top