JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But, did they warn you before groping your twig and berries???:eek:

Ok, this is the hilarious part. So we have a current American society where there are straight men and women and homosexual men and women. You go through TSA and they have a dude pat you down if you are a dude, and a woman pat you down if you area woman (side note: what happens to the men and women who are pretending to be women and men?) anyway, the whole premise is that a member of the same sex is patting you down and therefore there is less room for inappropriate touch, but that logic seemingly ignores that we have a society now the way it is. Makes you wonder.

TSA sucks. I used to have to fly a lot. They go through checked baggage too. They ripped my $80 head lamp apart so they could check the battery compartment ....for what? It was destroyed. No apology. 40 minutes on the phone, mostly on hold.... Waste of time. They ripped apart the battery compartment on my $400 camera too. Same deal. No compensation. Camera totaled out. They pat me down every time I go through their x-ray contraption too. Shrapnel. TSA are morons in tu-tu's. I avoid flying now.

Avoid flying. Avoid banks. Avoid cities. Polls show...bla bla bla everything you were raised to believe was right is bad.... TSA is a symptom. What a world.

...........from an incident that occurred THREE YEARS AGO.

I was on my way to Front Sight and they found an empty AR mag that I'd overlooked in my range bag. They confiscated the mag of course because it's a well known fact that an empty plastic shell can be turned into a deadly weapon.

The TSA couldn't catch a hijacker if one came up and bit an agent on one of their gigantic asses.

Was the magazine one of those fully semiautomatic ghost gun ones that holds 30 clips?

I had to fly to a funeral in Chicago a few years ago, since my luggage has gotten lost more than once (my garment bag with suite got lost this trip) I always carry a backpack with a few days of supplies and essentials. Before loading it for the trip, I opened up every section and shook the thing upside down. I did get extra scrutiny going through security, x-ray scanner plus they were suspicions of my snack that were in a gallon sized ziplock bag so they hand inspected those. Anyways, I made it to the hotel at the Chicago suburb and was digging through my pack trying to find a phone charger or something and I scooped a live .22LR round out of the bottom of the back pack, oops.
YOU'RE gonna be on the NO-FLY LIST now !!!! BAD BOY ! Baddddd !!!!:rolleyes::s0003:

I got pinched by the TSA for taking empty Glock 20 mags and Sig P229 LE restricted marked .40/.357 Sig mags on my carry on from ID when I visited there, where I used to be stationed at to see friends and the gunshop I used to go to (where I bought the mags from) and they still remembered me. The TSA offered to chuck the mags or have me check them, so I checked them accordingly as I wasn't going to let such items go to waste. It's just the bubblegum crap that us gun owners go through that we don't need to. Idiocy at its best.

A lot of gun regulations and procedures serve no actual practical purpose but they do achieve 2 things.

1. They harass and impoverish gun owners who as we all know are BAD PEOPLE.
2. They provide make work for the ever growing segment of the population too stupid to do anything useful. It's these people who keep me waffling on whether a Basic Guaranteed Income would be a good idea or not. I mean really, these guys' "jobs" are about doing things that are actually harmful, can't we just pay them to stay home and smoke weed? Oh, yeah, we do that now. Thank you virus panic!

A couple of years ago, me and a couple of buddies flew down to Arizona for a vacation. One of us was a federal LEO and when we got to the airport, we handed him our carry pistols, holsters, and spare mags and he put them in his carry-on.

He went to the ticket counter, showed his credentials, and we all boarded the plane without incident. When we got to our destination, we grabbed our bags at the terminal outside the security zone, and he opened up his carry on and handed us all our weapons and gear. Turned a few heads. I've flown with with pistols before and went through the process properly with no incident.

I know of an FBI agent that declared his sidearm with TSA and then had his pocket folding knife confiscated because only his pistol was OK'd.

A couple of years ago, me and a couple of buddies flew down to Arizona for a vacation. One of us was a federal LEO and when we got to the airport, we handed him our carry pistols, holsters, and spare mags and he put them in his carry-on.

He went to the ticket counter, showed his credentials, and we all boarded the plane without incident. When we got to our destination, we grabbed our bags at the terminal outside the security zone, and he opened up his carry on and handed us all our weapons and gear. Turned a few heads. I've flown with with pistols before and went through the process properly with no incident.

I know of an FBI agent that declared his sidearm with TSA and then had his pocket folding knife confiscated because only his pistol was OK'd.
Sounds about right for TSA. As I said before, they couldn't catch a terrorist even if one showed up in a "Death to America" t-shirt and offered them a handy-j.:confused:

But, did they warn you before groping your twig and berries???:eek:

Last time I flew to Californistan the TSA employee running my line on the return flight was an absolute gorgeous hottie. I went through the xray booth and when she ok'd me to come out I told her "Maybe we should do the pat down procedure too since you can never be too careful. You go first". She almost grinned but just rolled her eyes. I got a wink on the way out though so she did have a sense of humor.

...........from an incident that occurred THREE YEARS AGO.

I was on my way to Front Sight and they found an empty AR mag that I'd overlooked in my range bag. They confiscated the mag of course because it's a well known fact that an empty plastic shell can be turned into a deadly weapon.

The TSA couldn't catch a hijacker if one came up and bit an agent on one of their gigantic asses.
Dont feel bad. I had a couple empty 300 WM cases in my pack coming home form a hunting trip. Talk about a total crap show. Finally the head guy and sheriff came over and asked the other 3 giving me crap " do you see bullets, powder or a press, or a gun? Its a piece of brass people" let him go.

I was on the edge of going berserk by stupid people.

I took two handguns and a rifle to Texas a couple of years ago. My oldest son and my oldest grandson are enthusiastic target shooters. The guns were packed (separately) in TSA approved cases. The female TSA agent that was in the area where you drop off the guns, asked to see the interiors, which I showed here. She then examined the locks very carefully, closed the cases and locked the locks. Then she proceeded to try to pry the cases open with some kind of small pry bar! She managed to get one small pistol case to budge slightly whereupon she says " I can't allow these aboard the aircraft, they can be tampered with and possible opened!" I demanded to speak to her supervisor who was very cool about the whole thing. He told the TSA agent to load my guns aboard the aircraft and personally make certain that I was taken to the departure area, lest I be delayed any further. They're not all bad. But she was clearly a hater.

I am so old that I remember flying on Northwest airlines from Billings to St. Paul, Minn carrying a Model 66 .357 in a shoulder holster! No one checked or cared that I had it. I traveled a lot back in those days and always carried a handgun, but usually packed it in my luggage. I had simply forgotten that I had it on and wore it through the flight. Yikes!

The TSA exists for three reasons:
#1: The relieve the airlines from responsibility for screening passengers

#2: To use the power of the Federal Government to block any liability for failure to prevent another terrorist attack.

#3: To use the power of the Federal Government to block any liability for actions or inactions of screening personnel.

Notice that it does not really exist to prevent another terrorist act. :rolleyes:

I am so old that I remember flying on Northwest airlines from Billings to St. Paul, Minn carrying a Model 66 .357 in a shoulder holster

Good example of how times change things just in our lifetimes. In 1970, I flew home on leave from an army post. On my return flight, I took a Walther P-38 aboard in my AWOL bag, with ammo. Nobody checked, nobody cared. And this was in the era when airliners were getting hijacked once in a while to Cuba. One major difference, CNN wasn't there.

Between highly competitive cable TV news outlets, social media, cell phones and cameras everywhere, every single human act is subject to microscopic observation and analysis. We may enjoy all this electronic enhancement but it comes at a price.

About flying commercial air. Before the Corona virus (as the seating has become more and more cramped), I've gotten progressively less comfortable doing it. So often seems like I've gotten someone right behind me sneezing or coughing their guts up, with their exhaust blowing right by my head. Mrs. Merkt gets upset with me for making rude (but appropriate) comments loud enough for other passengers to hear clearly. Now I have the Corona virus for cover to avoid flying. Fortunately Mrs. Merkt is being cautious and is in agreement on this point.

I'm too old to much care about such social niceties as asking someone to stop kicking my seat or coughing on me. I have simply gotten out of my seat and told them in my best voice, "don't do that again!" It generally works although I've only done it a few times on public transportation.

TSA are morons in tu-tu's. I avoid flying now.

Back in 2005 I fired a guy for using his government credit card to buy drinks for everyone at a tavern in town. [The card was only to be used for official government business while in travel status]. Several years later I met him at the airport where he worked for TSA as a security screener. I was expecting to be pulled aside for a cavity search, but we just made startled eye contact followed by [me] 'well...hello Ed' and [him] 'hello Mr. D'.

I don't know if you could even fire a federal employee for that anymore, but given the long, drawn-out documentation and review process I had to go through it was a shock to me that he could ever be hired by a federal agency again. Flew to Israel last year and I'd say El Al airlines takes security far more seriously [and with good reason] and expect Israeli qualification and training is orders of magnitude greater/better than TSA.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top