JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...........from an incident that occurred THREE YEARS AGO.

I was on my way to Front Sight and they found an empty AR mag that I'd overlooked in my range bag. They confiscated the mag of course because it's a well known fact that an empty plastic shell can be turned into a deadly weapon.

The TSA couldn't catch a hijacker if one came up and bit an agent on one of their gigantic asses.

Wow, just wow...

Another massive government waste of taxpayer money...

Happens all the time. Kinda like my $2.80 stimulus check and letter from the POTUS. Probably cost more to process and mail than the payment.

Gave my brother in law mags one time for a Christmas present while they were in town, on the way back home he was told he had to check them and couldn't put them in his carry on. When he asked why since they were empty, obviously, and therefore just plastic and a spring. They said, "we don't let gun parts be taken on the carry on because we don't want several people to be able to sneak individual parts through and be able to assemble a working firearm on the plane.

The irony is, they do allow you to take aboard in your carry-on empty brass! I imagine someone with some creativity could use that to become a problem if they wanted to since going from components to working cartridge is not all that difficult and the components don't take up much space at all.

That being said, here's a random thought. We already have sky marshals who are able to carry guns on planes. Whatever process they have to go through to be able to do that, open that process up to the public, if they pass the tests, they are able to. I've long considered the same idea to make a lot of sense for school staff and guns. If police can carry guns in schools, open that evaluation process up to teachers, if they pass that, what's the difference since both are equally qualified.

...........from an incident that occurred THREE YEARS AGO.

I was on my way to Front Sight and they found an empty AR mag that I'd overlooked in my range bag. They confiscated the mag of course because it's a well known fact that an empty plastic shell can be turned into a deadly weapon.

The TSA couldn't catch a hijacker if one came up and bit an agent on one of their gigantic asses.
Are you on the no fly list now?

I had to fly to a funeral in Chicago a few years ago, since my luggage has gotten lost more than once (my garment bag with suite got lost this trip) I always carry a backpack with a few days of supplies and essentials. Before loading it for the trip, I opened up every section and shook the thing upside down. I did get extra scrutiny going through security, x-ray scanner plus they were suspicions of my snack that were in a gallon sized ziplock bag so they hand inspected those. Anyways, I made it to the hotel at the Chicago suburb and was digging through my pack trying to find a phone charger or something and I scooped a live .22LR round out of the bottom of the back pack, oops.

I got pinched by the TSA for taking empty Glock 20 mags and Sig P229 LE restricted marked .40/.357 Sig mags on my carry on from ID when I visited there, where I used to be stationed at to see friends and the gunshop I used to go to (where I bought the mags from) and they still remembered me. The TSA offered to chuck the mags or have me check them, so I checked them accordingly as I wasn't going to let such items go to waste. It's just the bubblegum crap that us gun owners go through that we don't need to. Idiocy at its best.

Chill man.....

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

One time I got caught boarding with a 12-gauge Mossberg riot gun and a bag of shells. I got past them by saying it was for the celebration of the anniversary of the creation of the TSA. They let me right on through. Even helped me with the extra weight.

Yes...that was a joke. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top