Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TSA Gun Finds

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dustinm, Jan 11, 2012.

1. dustinm

dustinm The BEAVER State Member

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Maybe they thought because they had a Glock it would make it through. :bluelaugh:

3. EagleEyeEOD

EagleEyeEOD Pacific NW Member

I talked to one of the agents(not TSA) at PDX about this, nationwide there were more than 1,900 firearms taken last year. He said it ran the gambit from local criminals with massive histories to clean citizens claiming the 2nd. He also that from the stats that was only at the checkpoint, that didn't include all the idiots that declare firearms at the counter fully loaded.

4. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

I wonder what would be consequence of that say at PDX ? Technically one with CHL is allowed to have a loaded firearm at the check-in counter, since that's not a sterile area. Or ?

5. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

The airport police were come down on a year or so ago because the tried to ban guns from the whole airport complex..

6. EagleEyeEOD

EagleEyeEOD Pacific NW Member

Working with the guys there, I have never had an issue with a loaded firearm at the ticket counter. Maybe my statement was confusing or misinterpreted: He was saying if they counted actual firearm incidents it would be a much greater number. They actually count checking a loaded weapon as baggage as an incident, but these numbers were not used in the recent release of stats for firearms. He said it was unfortunately routine for hunters and trained gun owners to arrive at the airport with a loaded weapon for travel at the counter.