Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TSA arrested a man with odd weapons

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DinhRose, Oct 10, 2012.

1. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Man Wearing Body Armor Busted With Luggage Full of Weapons at LAX - Yahoo!

I know this is a serious issue but TSA caught him and all is well so please save the sanctimonious 'what if...'

He was spotted by TSA because he was wearing body armor. Some other funny details included flame retardant leggings...being flame resistant doesn't make up for the fact that they're still leggings. TSA found a bunch of dangerous stuff in his luggage including kitchen mitts and tongs. The natural reaction is to call him a terrorist but I really think he's just bat poo insane.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

15 minutes of Fame syndrome, coupled with a sever case of the stupid!!

3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

What if he had actually had a chance to use those oven mitts on some unsuspecting meat loaf? :)

4. DinhRose

I think he was saving the tongs for the case that James Bond refuses to talk...or steal mini bottle of whiskey from the food cart when the flight attendance wasn't looking

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

LOL, can't say flame "ret ard"ant

and on target:

Crazy, who knows what this person could have done or if he was just testing the waters to see what could be brought in.

Looks like he went to a bad Taiwanese hooker parlor and bought all of the goodies.

6. DinhRose

Yeah I just saw that on my original post. I wasn't using it in a derogatory manner. Oh we'll you guys got the point

7. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

What the problem is???????? I ALWAYS fly with oven mitts, tongs, body bags and respirator! There are futhermuthin snakes on the mutherfuthin plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:paranoid:

8. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

it wasn't the TSA who spotted the man. it was customs. TSA's only use is stealing people's stuff and selling them on ebay, and groping children and elderly women. after reading this article, it appears as though they're pros at taking credit for another agency's work.

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

So, it seems that he may have been up to no good, but so far only law he may have broken was based on the smoke grenade. Everything beyond that is just conjecture. The media loves to make this some huge thing, when maybe he was just some kinky guy headed to LA or Las Vegas to have a night of 'fun'.

Who knows, but of course he will be lost in the system and the real details will most likely never be filtered through to the real world.

10. Leather

Leather NW, OR New Member

The mitts and tongs were so he could test his flame chicken legs. Don't want to burn the hands.

11. DinhRose

You play with fire and you'll get the tongs

12. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

So how many unsolved cannibalism victims can now be attributed to crazy-man?

13. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Anyone else notice how the media are a bunch of idiots? "Grenade" was on the header, I thought "dang dude had a grenade, that's not good". Then comes the twist, it was a SMOKE GRENADE!!!:paranoid: Oh, the humanity of a smoke grenade!:banghead: To think the people on that plane could have been knocked out of the sky by the feared smoke "Grenade"!:paranoid: Stupid media, lets blow it out of proportion!:thumbdown:

aksu747 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I thought Hunter S. Thompson was dead, not flying around the country with his usual accessories. Was there a Samoan attorney with him, and were they driving a pink '70s Cadillac?

Botte Hork and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

GFD!
    Besides the smoke granade, which I'm just not sure about, which of these items is illegal?
    They found all those items in his CHECKED luggage!