JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I am interested in learning how to hunt and make new friends. I really don't know very much people around the area where I live and know how to hunt.i also would love to earn how to fish as well so any info or friend is welcome. I hope some one here would love to teach and make new friends. Thanks in advance .

I would suggest figuring out what kind of hunting and fishing you'd be interested in, and becoming knowledgeable of simple terms and behaviors of those animals through internet, books and magazines.

Then, I'd read books on fishing or hunting for a particular species. I'd even go as far as finding books about fishing or hunting for a species in your area, since methods may differ vs other places.

With that basic knowledge, join forums that are more focused on fishing and hunting. This is a great forum, but the fishing and hunting sections don't get as much traffic as the 2A sections. With the knowledge you've gained through research, you can read old threads and understand what they are saying and ask focused questions.

You'll get a lot further saying, "I tried this, did I do it right" vs "show me": Effort is rewarded. Soon, you'll get offered open seats and such.

I'm in Bend. DM me, if you drive over the hill I'll take you fishing and look at some maps, help you figure out where to put in for a tag and where to hunt general.

I'm in Bend. DM me, if you drive over the hill I'll take you fishing and look at some maps, help you figure out where to put in for a tag and where to hunt general.
What a good man! Best way to learn is to be a good student. get on the water. Get out in the woods. Good luck. NWFA folks are really descent.

I am a fairly new hunter as well, and learned this asking the same questions here....

Very few people will take you under their wing and show you the ropes when it comes to hunting. As much as folks espouse helping new hunters, and needing new hunters very few practice that. People spend time and money into finding and developing good hunting spots and they know if they show some new guy, that that spot will get burnt.

Fishing is different. Fisherman are much more friendly.

But hunters, especially here in the PNW are very catty and negative in my experience. YMMV hopefully.

Its all about approach and attitude. Walk up with your hand out, and no one will be real motivated to help. Show effort, ask for feedback, and let people become invested in your success, and you'll get a much better experience.

Its true that 20% of hunters kill 80% of game. That doesn't happen by giving away your spots and knowledge to everyone that asks.

Even Daniel had to convince Mr. Miyagi to teach him Karate, and they only had an hour and 45 minutes to tell the whole story.

Last Edited:
There is a hunting and fishing fourm on here.
Those would be the best place to start looking .
Fishing is easy to get in with people .
Go to the local lake or pond and fish and talk to others .
Except when you start talking about fishing salmon and stealhead in the rivers.
Then it's a big groups of guys and girls along a river who don't want to talk.LOL
HUNTING depends on what you want to hunt.
But if you want to find someone to deer hunt with for example.
It's not just a opening day deal.
Some guys are planning a full week of deer hunting with there group all year long.
So now is the best time to get in with someone.
And make plans if you can find someone.
It might take time .
Ask questions and like others have said there are books and there is always Youtube.
Unless you want to pay some big money and have a outfitter take you hunting.

There is a hunting and fishing fourm on here.
Those would be the best place to start looking .
Fishing is easy to get in with people .
Go to the local lake or pond and fish and talk to others .
Except when you start talking about fishing salmon and stealhead in the rivers.
Then it's a big groups of guys and girls along a river who don't want to talk.LOL
HUNTING depends on what you want to hunt.
But if you want to find someone to deer hunt with for example.
It's not just a opening day deal.
Some guys are planning a full week of deer hunting with there group all year long.
So now is the best time to get in with someone.
And make plans if you can find someone.
It might take time .
Ask questions and like others have said there are books and there is always Youtube.
Unless you want to pay some big money and have a outfitter take you hunting.

HA, he's right. This is when everyone is pissed off at someone in their group. Might wanna strike while the iron is hot!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top