JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I am no gunsmith that is for sure. I bought a Mako Scope mount and when looking at an installation video on YouTube the pin apparently just slide out as you push the new one in to mount the rear base of the Mako.

About all I know is how to take the slide off and partially disassemble a Glock for cleaning. For the life of me I can figure out how that pin will slide out. Tried it with the side on and off, the trigger forward/back etc.

There is only one installation video I could find and it looks like he already started with the pin removed. On a Glock gen3 17 I am talking about the larger of the two pins above/behind the trigger. The small pin will come out no problem.

The larger pin, not so much. Tapped it a little with a brass dowel, still no luck. Don't want to mess up the gun playing Gunsmith, but I like to try to do things myself.

Anyone know how to displace that pin?

Thanks

The large pin is retained by the slide stop. There are a couple of grooves in the
pin, and the slide stop rests in the left hand groove. Slide off, frame laying on it's
right side. Put some pressure on the pin and at the same time wiggle the slide stop to
get it out of the groove. As soon as the pin moves just a bit you have it. The big pin
can be TIGHT the first few times---resist the temptation to whump it with a BFH.

Re-assembly. Little pin goes in first. See that U shaped spring on the slide stop?
The tail on it goes UNDER the little pin. If you get it on top, you will start getting
slide lock-backs when you shouldn't.

eta: at around 2:20------------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No4SA6v6xjE

Look close, you can see the grooves I'm talking about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top