JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am currently going to school for gunsmithing, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in having an apprentice or part time worker. I work full time and school full time but really want to get in a shop and learn from hands on experience and not books and computers. I served 8 years in the military did some time as a corrections officer and I am a avid hunter. I have been fixing and working on guns as a hobby, but now i want to make my hobby a career. Would love the opportunity. Looking for a shop in the Oregon Willamette Valley Area. IE: Salem, McMinnville, Dallas, Albany, ect. Please send a message if anyone knows of a shop that might be interested. Thank you so much!

Tim

Have you tried going and knocking on doors? There may be gunsmiths out there that aren't actively seeking help even though they may need it. The workforce is flooded with people that are lacking drive and work ethic, let alone talent. I can imagine if I was a smith needing help, it would be a daunting (and costly) task to weed through new hires to find one that would be help and not a liability. My suggestion would be to go develop some relationships so potential mentors can get a chance to know you and your aspirations. You may eventually find someone who didn't think they wanted help will change their mind and give you a shot. I would start with Kevin's gunsmithing in Keizer. He is one of the best around and always has a huge backlog. But don't focus on just one. Go and meet all of them and continue going back to talk to them frequently.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top