JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You joke, but something worse already happened earlier this year: A provision was sneaked into the infrastructure bill forcing vehicle manufacturers to install remote kill switches into all new vehicles sold in the US. This won't take effect for a couple more years, but then we can all enjoy driving our privately owned vehicles until the State doesn't want us to anymore, or until some enterprising hacker decides to compromise your vehicle.
And another lesser known move was several years ago after 911 (I'm sketchy on when) they updated the national emergency alert system so the state and govt can hijack TV, Internet, Radio etc. On the surface to warn of important dangers but under the surface it's a national kill switch on TV and Internet.

Then that dude in Hawaii "accidentally" activated the warning about a missile from north Korea. I'm sure it wasn't at all planned or monitored to test how people would react in a real world scenario...

Sorry in advance... I'm sure it's been said, I just cannot find it.

I've been googling articles and I'm mainly finding fluff articles that don't give specifics.

I've been digging around the forum and haven't found specific answers.

The 10rd limit... is this ALL magazines? Handgun and rifle?

If you already own the standard sized 15rd 17rd 21rd Handgun mags are they illegal?
Contact one of your legislators that voted to get this law on the books, and ask them to explain it.
😳😳

Sorry in advance... I'm sure it's been said, I just cannot find it.

I've been googling articles and I'm mainly finding fluff articles that don't give specifics.

I've been digging around the forum and haven't found specific answers.

The 10rd limit... is this ALL magazines? Handgun and rifle?

If you already own the standard sized 15rd 17rd 21rd Handgun mags are they illegal?
Go yo YouTube and look up the channel, "Washington Gun Law".

This guy is a lawyer in Washington (unlike most/all of us), and he has many many excellent videos covering this, as well as a multitude of other Washington state firearms issues.

It's a feel good publicity stunt :(
Zero cost gesture that doesnt do anything to identify dangerous people or prevent their access and use of firearms.

Bank robbers use cars to run from the police...
Limit gas tanks to 5gal to prevent bank robberies.
That would make just as much sense as a 10rd limit.

It takes less than a second to swap mags.
But they have realistically an endless length of time to identify mental illness or bad actors that only want guns for evil actions.
But that program would cost $ so they won't do it. Endless cost-free gestures so a state politician can pretend they are doing something and pose for a photo opportunity.
Yet these politicians think they are a bunch of white saviors for coming up with crap like this.

YouTube….. WASHINGTON STATE GUN LAW….channel

Literally 5 posts above you at 6:30 this morning:

Go yo YouTube and look up the channel, "Washington Gun Law".

This guy is a lawyer in Washington (unlike most/all of us), and he has many many excellent videos covering this, as well as a multitude of other Washington state firearms issues.

I think he probably knows that, and much like Vancouver shoppers who travel to Oregon to evade Washington sales tax, I don't think he cares.

-E-
They are already counting the 500mil/year toll for the new I-5 bridge and all the tolls they snuck in on Portland highways.. just more examples of double and triple taxation.. you pay taxes for roads.. then pay tolls for using the roads... then pay higher prices from goods because the trucks also paid a toll.till..

Bridge Maintenance... several million dollars a year... projected toll revenue.. several million per week :( where does the extra $ go?

So, is the WSP or Turd Ferguson hisself going to begin conducting "High Capacity Feeding Device" checkpoints?

They've passed their law. Now let them enforce it.
They won't need to. It's like the seatbelt law - if you weren't pulled over for speeding, no one would be giving you a ticket for seatbelts.

Do something dumb with a gun and your mags better not have 2023 date codes, because that will get added on.

They won't need to. It's like the seatbelt law - if you weren't pulled over for speeding, no one would be giving you a ticket for seatbelts.

Do something dumb with a gun and your mags better not have 2023 date codes, because that will get added on.
I'm seriously going to line up my mags.. take pics and email to myself. Time stamped proof :)

This whole situation rides on Duncan . If the US Supreme Court rules that California's ten round mag limit violates the Constitution then WA's mag ban falls. If the US Supreme Court hears Duncan and decides that the confiscation provision violates the Takings Clause then WA's mag ban does not fall, but would create complications for WA to ban possession; which is doubtlessly their goal for the next few years.

If the US Supreme Court does not agree to hear Duncan then the current 9th Circuit blessing on mag bans will give WA a green light to soon make criminals of those in possession of mags by adding to SB5078.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top