JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry in advance... I'm sure it's been said, I just cannot find it.

I've been googling articles and I'm mainly finding fluff articles that don't give specifics.

I've been digging around the forum and haven't found specific answers.

The 10rd limit... is this ALL magazines? Handgun and rifle?

If you already own the standard sized 15rd 17rd 21rd Handgun mags are they illegal?

There are several threads covering this.

Yes all.

Yes you can keep and use your current ones
Hey, your inbox is full so I am writing you here about the Glock20:

Do you want to buy the ammo as well? I'd prefer to sell the whole package. I will favor someone who buys ammo and/or other bits with the Glock

If you follow the law, many will and some won't, all magazines are legal for ownership and purchase before July 1, 2022. On that date, only magazines already owned are legal and cannot be transferred or sold except out of state. No incoming mags. That applies to pistol, rifle AND the much less common shotgun magazines. So in short, if you wish to abide by the law as written, you should buy any magazine of a capacity greater than 10 rounds for ANY firearm you own or would like to own prior to the first of July so you can celebrate the upcoming fourth as a subject instead of a citizen.

Last Edited:
It's a feel good publicity stunt :(
Zero cost gesture that doesnt do anything to identify dangerous people or prevent their access and use of firearms.

Bank robbers use cars to run from the police...
Limit gas tanks to 5gal to prevent bank robberies.
That would make just as much sense as a 10rd limit.

It takes less than a second to swap mags.
But they have realistically an endless length of time to identify mental illness or bad actors that only want guns for evil actions.
But that program would cost $ so they won't do it. Endless cost-free gestures so a state politician can pretend they are doing something and pose for a photo opportunity.

Zero cost gesture that doesnt do anything to identify dangerous people or prevent their access and use of firearms.

But they have realistically an endless length of time to identify mental illness or bad actors that only want guns for evil actions.
But that program would cost $ so they won't do it. Endless cost-free gestures so a state politician can pretend they are doing something and pose for a photo opportunity.
That's about the size of it.:s0092:

It's never been about saving lives. Some people just love to tell others what they can and cannot do.

I think my 5gal gas tank limit idea has value... I may try to get it on a ballot.
You joke, but something worse already happened earlier this year: A provision was sneaked into the infrastructure bill forcing vehicle manufacturers to install remote kill switches into all new vehicles sold in the US. This won't take effect for a couple more years, but then we can all enjoy driving our privately owned vehicles until the State doesn't want us to anymore, or until some enterprising hacker decides to compromise your vehicle.

You joke, but something worse already happened earlier this year: A provision was sneaked into the infrastructure bill forcing vehicle manufacturers to install remote kill switches into all new vehicles sold in the US. This won't take effect for a couple more years, but then we can all enjoy driving our privately owned vehicles until the State doesn't want us to anymore, or until some enterprising hacker decides to compromise your vehicle.
Yep, ultimate control to force their will upon us is creeping into every aspect of our lives.
Hopefully some enterprising young individual will figure out a way to rip that piece of crap component out of the cars. Of course then again they will probably create some draconian rule that will put you in jail for 50 years if you take the part out; once again trying to intimidate us into compliance.
And most of the lemmings in this country will conform out of fear…

Yep, ultimate control to force their will upon us is creeping into every aspect of our lives.
Hopefully some enterprising young individual will figure out a way to rip that piece of crap component out of the cars. Of course then again they will probably create some draconian rule that will put you in jail for 50 years if you take the part out; once again trying to intimidate us into compliance.
And most of the lemmings in this country will conform out of fear…
I'm planning on getting another decade out of my car, and replacing the truck with possibly something older, and putting some money into making it as solid as can be. Depending on how much longer I have, that may do it. Then again, I was going to keep the Jeep forever until some ahole totaled it with a minivan.

If you can do emissions deletes on new diesels, you'll be able to delete this. Not sure if it matters. My 2017 has 80 computers on board. Pretty sure they could kill it if they wanted to.

What we need is to get individuals in office that are not going to push these Orwellian/Draconian type of laws under the cover of darkness for the simple purpose of trying to control us all the time.
I realize as humans we have to have rules in our societies and those rules need to be enforced by threats of punishment but it's going way too far now. Perhaps it's far easier to allow people to grow up to be pieces of crap and threaten them with punishment then it is to raise them to be decent human beings.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top