JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it's a long shot, but what the heck! :)

Way back in 2013 I sold a Swedish Mauser to another member here, and a few months later he sold it again. Included with the rifle was an unmounted GF receiver sight that I had picked up, but neither of us could bring ourselves to D&T a matching numbers Swede, even if it was a period correct sight. Cleaning out some old boxes I uncovered a non-matching numbers action only project that I've been dragging around for almost 40 years :rolleyes:
I can grab one on line again, but I thought I would take a shot and see if maybe someone here ended up with it and like me and Unka-Boo, couldn't deface that old soldier

The sight in question was sold from this ad

And here is a stock photo of what the sight looks like
gfDiopter.jpg

Totally agree, im on the hunt for an m96. I was lucky enough to score this K31 a month ago with Diopters for $750.

View attachment 863022

I got my M96/38 on Gun Broker about two years ago, before things went crazy. I feel I did real good at $525.00 + shipping/transfer. All matching, including stock 1902. I couldn't believe no one else bid. The best thing about the Swede's is they are easier to learn about than a lot of C&R guns. And The Swede's never sent their guns all over the earth to be used and abused in deserts, jungles and stored in caves by people that didn't know how to take care of things.

There are still decent guns going on gun Broker but you're going to be up in the $750.00 range for one like mine.

I know it's a long shot, but what the heck! :)

Way back in 2013 I sold a Swedish Mauser to another member here, and a few months later he sold it again. Included with the rifle was an unmounted GF receiver sight that I had picked up, but neither of us could bring ourselves to D&T a matching numbers Swede, even if it was a period correct sight. Cleaning out some old boxes I uncovered a non-matching numbers action only project that I've been dragging around for almost 40 years :rolleyes:
I can grab one on line again, but I thought I would take a shot and see if maybe someone here ended up with it and like me and Unka-Boo, couldn't deface that old soldier

The sight in question was sold from this ad

And here is a stock photo of what the sight looks like
View attachment 863004

I wanted to find a Swede drilled for one of these sights after I got my first one. Back a couple years ago, one drilled for one of the several diopters actually could be had for less than an unmolested one. You probably already know that there were, I believe, THREE different hole patterns. So grabbing up one of those diopters and expecting it to fit your drilled Swede may not work out.

There are people that believe there is a special place in hell for those that would drill an original Swedish Mauser to accept one of these diopter sights. :)

Some real "Swede's" are members of gunboards.com and that whole group has a ton of info in these rifles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top