JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm getting about 2550, 2600 out of 250 grain Sierra game kings. And just after I fire it the ejected brass is actually cold. So pressures can't be that high. I don't want to get into a pissing match it annoys me when people talk out there bubblegum because they feel it should be less. When I have ever actual data recorded that I have shot and they still feel the need to argue. Because of outdated barrel length ideas.

How's that 375 h&h to shoot? Never had the opportunity but I'm looking at one in a CZ550.
Way better than you might think. My recollection is that it was big but not sharp for some reason. I had a Sako and I think the stock helped a lot there was a lot of drop at the but so your shoulder position was low and the line of the barrel was high. Mine rose quite a bit but didn't seem to push back as much as I expected.

I had a 375H-H 15 inch encore handgun barrel made by match grade machine, with a muzzle brake. Shot factory loads thru it. Didn't have the means to get a velocity from it but it wasn't bad to shoot, just expensive.

Geeze guys he was not asking about his caliber or barrel length choice. Without experimentation and innovation things would get awful stagnant. I also vote for one of the smaller variable Leupolds such as 2-7x. @ZS27 , I have raised a few eyebrows around here myself with some of my projects. Soldier on and don't get caught up in the weeds!

I have recently acquired a custom 375 h&h remington 700 from a friend with a 17.5 inch barrel it currently has iron sights on it now, but the balistics of the round make it able to shoot 300 to 600 yards reliably without much drop and I have been trying to find a scope that will work well and stand up to recoil, and not fail. I haven't purchased or owned many scopes so any info on personal experiences would be very helpful.
Take a look at Tractoptics.com. Buy direct. Great glass. Owners answer your chat.

The gun doesn't have that much recoil to the optic. A 5.56 AR is actually worse on the optic. You will be fine. Just make sure it gets mounted properly. And I know for a fact that competitors scopes will stand up to those g forces plus more.

916tm45z5XL._SS500_.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads