JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good point on the ineffectiveness of handguns.

I 100% agree with you, Unfortunatly I am so used to stubborn people insisting on using them, it doesn't phase me anymore :(

OP would be much better served with 1 or 2 ARs in the house.

Also, yes, dogs are great alarms, and mine does sound fierce, even though he is a total wuss :)

A dog will at least let you know someone is there . Being caught off gaurd is bad news.

Ruger stopped making the budget 9e full size 9mm with ambi safties and mag releases, has a great trigger and takes the Ruger SR9 17 round magazines. The remaining stock can be had locally and on line for about $250. I got mine at BiMart for $241 before the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting got retailers acting stupid. Add a light to each rail and store them in ShotLock simplex lock safes throughout the house.

CDNN SPORTS - RUGER® 9E® 9MM RED DIGITAL CAMO

Otherwise a good old used or new DA/SA Beretta can be had for $100 more each.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I enjoy my Taurus pt111 g2; it's inexpensive, but mine has been completely reliable. On par with with my m&p9c, my p99, fns 9 and 40, etc.

Not that I would ever recommend that somebody do this but, if you are, you would be well advised to make sure that each and everyone of them is the very same Make and Model. And, I think they should be the same as your Every Day Carry gun. LEOs have seen the wisdom of this for many years. That's why they arm there Officers with the same Make and Model. That being said, I'd say it's about time for you to apply for your FFL. In the end it will be about the cheapest way to do something like this.

I would recommend revolvers of some kind for this. It is easier for people who don't practice often. No safety, no need to pull the slide. Just pull the trigger for a bang.

I have my Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in .44 special, and two speed loaders. The Pug is a 5 shot revolver. Similiar to a .45 acp in power, but in a revolver. Shorter, self defense ranges, it would be all the power I need, and a 180-200 JHP bullet would end it quick;y.

I'm trying to set up my system of home defense, and besides making it harder to break in, I'm wanting to have a firearm readily accessible from basically every area of my home that every adult in my family can access no matter where they are at home if someone were to break in. I know it sounds a little paranoid to have a pistol in every room of the home, but that's basically what I'm going for. I taught my wife and other family members to shoot safely, but they're not into firearms, and won't carry one, esp at home.

I need it to be reliable, easy to operate, and inexpensive enough that I can mount one in a fingerprint/pin pistol safe in a discreet location in each living room, kitchen, and possibly one bathroom. We don't have a huge home, 3bd, 2 bath (1 in master bd), kitchen and two living areas. I'm thinking I need 6, one in each living room, one in the common bath, one in kitchen, and one in 2 bdrms, as I have my safe in my master bd and master bath shouldn't need one. Wanting to go with all the same model so its all the same manual of arms, and I just need to train my family on how to operate one specific pistol.

Going with a M&P9, G19 etc would end up costing too much even if I were to go used. I'm seeing a lot of the EAA witness or model pistols on the CDNN email list and have read reviews of those being good reliable guns for the money, with some going for as low as $250-280. Any other recommendations? Maybe I can get a bulk discount? :D
Armscor M200

RockIsland-M200.jpg

Man, look at that sexy beast.
Al those curves, and that stock...sexy...who wouldn't want to have 10.
I saw one at the local Fred Meyer for $244.99...and I thought that was a little high.
I think we've found your gun sigboi. Congrats. :s0053::s0073::s0087:

Dean
P.S. Sigboi - I was just kidding. Don't buy an M200, they're junk. You sound like you already have it well in hand. The M&P is a nice gun. Good luck.

The EAA Witness is generally very good to great, especially Tanfoglios from Italy (I have 4), with many different choices/sizes. The Turkish made pistols that they import are also rated high.

I have also been looking at some of the Caniks. Good reviews and lots of choices, but mostly large frame only. Canlks are kinda funny. They started out with inexpensive models and have moved up to expensive competition pistols. Kind of like the Hyundai cars - $4995 (1985) when they hit the US and now some are over $60,000, but highly rated.

Revolvers are another good choice. They are simple and all work the same (generally). Used ones can be had for reasonable prices and is the only handgun that I would have from Taurus. Lots of choices and sizes.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I enjoy my Taurus pt111 g2; it's inexpensive, but mine has been completely reliable. On par with with my m&p9c, my p99, fns 9 and 40, etc.
This. Cabelas has them on sale from time to for $199 + if you have or get a Cabelas credit card then you might get lucky get an extra 10% off on top.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top