JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hi guys hows it going ? I need some help trying to help make up my mind on either a 458 socom or the 50 beowulf . and right now my biggest factor is ammo i don't reload but i'm not worried about that since this will be one in my collection that won't get used all the time . my main question is what easier and cheaper to obtain ?

I don't have either, but I've always thought that the SOCOM was superior to Beo and Bushie because...

Has shoulder to headspace on
Uses standard 5.56 mags....no special mags required
Good selection of bullets

I have a Beo, ammo is produced only by Alexander Arms. It doesn't "need" different mags, although using a single stack follower reduces issues. Ammo can be expensive for any of the large bore AR's.
Reloading is the cheapest, in the long run. With the assortment of .50ae, .500S&W and .50 muzzle loading bullets available, you cal load for paper or game. Starline makes Beo brass.
I have no shooting or reloading experience with the others.
I have enjoyed my Beo, owners/shooters of the others will probably say the same about them.

just thought i ask as well does anyone have any experience with anything from radical firearms i've seen both kinds of uppers and for a decent price . anything i should know about radical ?

I have a Beo, ammo is produced only by Alexander Arms. It doesn't "need" different mags, although using a single stack follower reduces issues. Ammo can be expensive for any of the large bore AR's.
Reloading is the cheapest, in the long run. With the assortment of .50ae, .500S&W and .50 muzzle loading bullets available, you cal load for paper or game. Starline makes Beo brass.
I have no shooting or reloading experience with the others.
I have enjoyed my Beo, owners/shooters of the others will probably say the same about them.

Underwood makes 50 beowulf (as well as 458 socom) and it is very good.
<broken link removed>

hey thanks for the info guys but. i have it in mind what cal and everything i want now but just for the heck of it i just wanted to ask what brand would you guys go with .

oh before i forget i going with the 50 beowulf

I don't have either, but I've always thought that the SOCOM was superior to Beo and Bushie because...

Has shoulder to headspace on
Uses standard 5.56 mags....no special mags required
Good selection of bullets

Yes - the selection of bullets is better for .458 than .50 IMO

There is also the .45 Raptor, but it requires an AR-10 platform, OTOH, it will chamber .460 magnum.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top