JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have everything I need but time.I live in the Salem area and would love to team up with someone and give it a go.I have called in a few already(east side mostly).But I only have Sundays off now.Anyone want to go?????

I have everything I need but time.I live in the Salem area and would love to team up with someone and give it a go.I have called in a few already(east side mostly).But I only have Sundays off now.Anyone want to go?????

I am sort of in a similar position except I have most Saturdays and Sundays off. I just got a Johnny Stuart electronic caller.

Way east, over near Penelton is a good place to find coyotes, but they are in the Willimate valley too. I want to get as many as I can to help the deer population increase. Many farmers and ranchers will let coyote hunters in where they won't let deer and elk hunters in. I got some cards from the Oregon Wildlfe people that you can share with prospectve land owners. The cards provide your name and other information in case the land owner wants to contact you, or has a problem. It also states that you have written permission to be on their land.

Depending on the range, just about any firearm will kill coyotes. I use a 12 Ga up close and a 243 out to 200 yards unless I can set up in some ranchers barn. Then I will use my target rifle which I am setting up to shoot out to 600 yards. I really don't like shooting over 200 yards. too much chance for error. No sense in educating the dogs.

I would go with you but Salem is too far. The best part about coyote hunting is you can do it all year. I go boating in the summer and come home shower and go hunting in the evening. What a day.

I have a few spots around the valley but they are spread out pretty good.It would be nice to find someone local or someone to go over east with. I have buddies that will go but not really dedicated.

I just found a new site to hunt. I did what some of you had suggested and went up in the hills and started knocking on doors until I found someone who said I could hunt coyotes on his land. He doesn't have much livestock, and the place he said I could hunt is about a half a mile from his house, so I suppose he didn't feel like I would be doing any harm out in the woods by myself. I discovered that there is also some BLM land not too far from this location. I will be checking that out next.
No, I'm not going to share my find with all of you just yet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top