JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the 6mm arc AICS mag from mdt seems to sit the round well

1000012232.jpg 1000012230.jpg 1000012229.jpg

Oooh, good thread.

I have one of these as well, its setup with a NV scope most of the time as well as a can.

A better stock has been on my list but don't want to loose the ability to use mags I already own (like mini30)

This is how it looks in the end. The magazine works ok but easy to get bullet nose dive when you're trying to put it into battery. If the bullets were facing in an upward angle that would reduce the issue. I found that slapping the mag against the table as you load the rounds helps. Anyway, so short of a good mag, happy with how this turned out. Maybe I'll bribe a friend with a 3d printer to make me a sleeve for the original Ruger mag that fits AICS pattern.

1000012457.jpg 1000012456.jpg

This is how it looks in the end. The magazine works ok but easy to get bullet nose dive when you're trying to put it into battery. If the bullets were facing in an upward angle that would reduce the issue. I found that slapping the mag against the table as you load the rounds helps. Anyway, so short of a good mag, happy with how this turned out. Maybe I'll bribe a friend with a 3d printer to make me a sleeve for the original Ruger mag that fits AICS pattern.

View attachment 1756320 View attachment 1756321
Looks good! How does it group with the 150gr brass ammo?

For the mag, I've added cardboard to the front of the spring at the floor of the mag which seems to help with keeping the point up.

For the mag, I've added cardboard to the front of the spring at the floor of the mag which seems to help with keeping the point up.
I haven't tried 150gr brass, only 123gr steel case barnaul FMJ which I still have a bunch of. With the barnaul, off of a bench rest I was able to get 3-4 shots within an inch of each other at 100 yards. After about 40 shots though the groups start opening up or maybe it was me.

I had a piece of plastic laying around so I cut it to size and added it as a ramp with most likely a 15 degree angle. Tried 7 rounds at home, all cycled well. Will have to take it to the range and try it when shooting to see if it's reliable. My other idea was to take to follower out of my Ruger mag and cut it to size to place into this magazine, it's a big wide otherwise fits

1000012484.jpg 1000012483.jpg

Today I grouped PPU brass 123gr sp and Tula 154gr sp. The PPU was a terrible 3in group and x2 primers failed to fire on the first strike. They both fired after resetting the bolt. The Tula was excellent at an inch. Hard to say if the outlier was me or the ammo. Either way, it was superb.

IMG_5637.jpeg IMG_5639.jpeg IMG_5641.jpeg

Today I grouped PPU brass 123gr sp and Tula 154gr sp. The PPU was a terrible 3in group and x2 primers failed to fire on the first strike. They both fired after resetting the bolt. The Tula was excellent at an inch. Hard to say if the outlier was me or the ammo. Either way, it was superb.

View attachment 1814559 View attachment 1814560 View attachment 1814561
It's the ammo. I can no longer find barnaul 123 gr fmj so I've tried Tela, Igman and maxtech, all grouped horribly. I don't have a chronograph but I bet their powder charges are all over the place.

It's the ammo. I can no longer find barnaul 123 gr fmj so I've tried Tela, Igman and maxtech, all grouped horribly. I don't have a chronograph but I bet their powder charges are all over the place.
Bimart has Belom 7.62 again. By far the best 7.62 ammo I have used. Paul Harrel confirmed this for me a while back. By all means stay away from the Norma 7.62, everything I have tried it on barely groups to trash can MOA. And the brass will not resize correctly, at least according to my LE Wilson guage.
I also have to wonder if the Gen 2 ruger has addressed some of the issues you were having, barring the stock replacement. Hopefully I can find one this summer