JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My girlfriend is in the market for a Browning Buckmark for target shooting. She has tried out some that have the standard grip and she is looking to try a Buckmark w/finger grips and/or the Micro.
Ideally she would like to try before buying. We have looked into the local ranges and options are very limited.
We are near Seattle (Bellevue) - anyone have one that is willing to meet us at a range for her to borrow and try out? Again not buy but just to try out.
I know this is kind of a big favor - how about lunch on us?
Appreciate feedback.
Hendo

Noaim,
Yes - that is where we have been shooting and where she has mostly shot the Buckmark - but they don't have any with the finger grip or the 4" micro.
She really doesn't want to buy a gun she has not shot.
Hendo

Finch,
Yes - she recently tried the Walther P22 at a range in Bothell. I thought it was a good looking gun but being smaller it had a bit more recoil.
She seems pretty sold on the Buckmark.
How does your wife like the Buckmark?
Thanks
Hendo

She loves the buckmark. Its one of those guns that even an unexperienced shooter can do well with. We have the camper version with the glow sights so those are very easy to use. Unless your wife has tiny hands I wouldn't think the grip should be much of a problem.

i have a colt targetsman and a browning buckmark i put hi-viz sites and rubber grips on the buckmark and love it sweet little gun its in my survival bag and goes with me wherever i go

Whoah there cowboy Finch 6013 - I said girlfriend not wife. Let's unload that 6 shooter!

cwegga - sorry I don't have a Ruger or Keltec. How do you or your wife like the micro? Can you compare it to a 5 1/2" or 7 1/4" ?
Thanks
Hendo

Whoah there cowboy Finch 6013 - I said girlfriend not wife. Let's unload that 6 shooter!

cwegga - sorry I don't have a Ruger or Keltec. How do you or your wife like the micro? Can you compare it to a 5 1/2" or 7 1/4" ?
Thanks
Hendo

Well I haven't shot a longer barrel one to compare. I picked the micro because to use it hiking/grouse hunting because it is light. I think it balances great with the short barrel. The frame could be a little large for someone with small hands, but it is great for me because I've got long fingers.

My wife likes it well enough but she really doesn't care to shoot handguns very much and when she does she likes to shoot my S&W model 28 with .38s. She has more fun shooting rifles.

Send me a PM if you get over this way and we can shoot. There are ranges around that we could go to. I just only go to the Seattle side of the water once every few months...

I have a Ruger Mark 1, a Browning Buck Mark, a Walther PP, a Ruger Charger, a Ruger Bearcat, and a handful of other .22s and enjoy taking them often to the range. The Buck Mark is as good as anything on the planet at any price, IMO. It's a superb firearm: accurate, well made, reliable and dependable, a joy to shoot. Getting one is a no-brainer, as they say.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top