Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Trust rule update

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Modeler, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Guess we'll see if they kick back applications in process at that point. Might have to SBR a few lowers early next year.

3. Modeler

Might as well!

4. telero

telero Salem area, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I haven't really looked at the rulemaking site and seen how other rules progress...but I'm wondering what that date actually means? Could be the date they plan to enact the rule change or it could be the date they are supposed to decide whether or not to enact the rule change. Could also be that they can enact it any time before that if they choose. Hopefully with 10,000 comments they'll actually take the time to read through some of them (the comments submitted by lawyers that are challenging the legality of the rule change in particular), and maybe even have a public hearing about it. From what I've heard, the number of comments for this rule change are among the most the a comment period has ever received.

5. Modeler

I honestly have no idea; this is the first rule change to which I've ever paid attention. I'm encouraged by all the comments, but realistically I don't know that they'll do any good. Sigh...

6. telero

telero Salem area, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The comments may not make any difference, but if they are all together ignored, that just shows how little the rulemakers care about those they are affecting.

Also found this interesting: The Rulemaking Process (PDF)