Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Trust for NON NFA Weapons in WA State

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by redbos99, Oct 8, 2013.

1. redbos99

redbos99 Seattle Member

Hi All,

So, I want to know if I can have a trust made just for my son to transfer all of my Title 1 or NON NfA weapons into, I do not own any Nfa stuff. The story is I am disabled, getting divorced and my son is my only family. I can of course, store them in a Safe at my residence so they would not be under his control of course. He is 3.5 yrs old and will be spending time between the wife and I. Also, would still like to buy a firearm every once in awhile, can I do this with the trust? Also, who would I use to do this? Which attorney would you go to?

Thanks All, I need the help!

Will

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. ur6an

ur6an Everett New Member

NW Gun Law Group I would contact a lawyer who specializes in estate planning. These guys setup my NFA trust but your situation sounds a little more complicated with your son not being legal age to own a firearm.

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Short answer is yes. A trust is nothing more than a way to convey your possessions to a beneficiary upon your death. You just need to talk to a lawyer who well versed in estate planning, not necessarily a NFA lawyer.

4. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Quicken WillMaker

5. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I added a "Schedule B" to my NFA Trust for non-NFA items like regular Title 1 firearms.