JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AK-47 handgun (30 rd mag locked in) is what I sometimes carry or either a KelTech SU-16 (30 rd mag inserted but not locked in).

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

My biggest problem with the idea of a truck/trunk gun is that I can't bring myself to put any of the firearms I currently own through that sort of beating (and yes even in a foam lined case there will be wear damage from the vibrations.

A cheap Century Arms .44 Special in stainless with CT laser works for me in the van. My CP is a Kimber Crimson Carry in .45.

So I've spent the last few days thinking about trunk guns (I.E., handgun or longgun, cased and kept in the trunk of one's vehicle, as per Oregon law). Do any forum members here have a trunk gun they prefer?

What is the purpose? Immediate self defense? Put down the deer you hit? Riot? Zombie attack? Your need makes a difference in the answer.

All around I would have to do with one of the inexpensive shotguns that are available now, Century, Black finish pump would be my choice. They can be had for under $300 new. I have a Remington 870 Marine Magnum with a fixed stock. I had a pistol grip on it and missed a 4' X 4' sheet of cardboard at 25 feet after which I promptly put the stock back on. You might look at a over folder, they are not the best for prolonged shooting but they are great for storage.

Century
Ultra 87 12 Gauge Shotgun : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

Here is a good one Remington 870 folder
Remington 870 Tact 2 Shotgun 12 G w/Folding Stock : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

Mossburg top folder
Mossberg 500A Tactical Pump Shotgun Folding Stock : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

I went out to my car. I opened the Trunk.

I asked my Trunk Gun, its thoughts.

It not only had NONE, but I am fairly certain that it did not get mad at me for asking. Nor did it start randomly shooting at any thing it could consider a target... I know we are good friends, it would ~never~ think of me in that way.

Now, I am going back into my house.... I have heard that Spoons make people fat, and I will ask one about that, as well...

If anyone needs a reply about the spoons issue, post a new thread, "Spoons, thoughts"?

philip,
Thinking in the Boon Docks, with out coffee this day, DOCTOR's Orders.

I agree with the guys that mentioned an AK-47 with a sidefolder stock. A 20 rd. mag and a Hogue grip, and you can use it one-handed. I don't carry at all (on person or in the truck) not even a loaded gun in the house, but when the time comes, that's my choice..AK all the way!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top