JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It could be a long way to the trunk.
The overhead rack by Big Sky is similar to the police model, but with velcro not locks.

Has risk of theft but most any long guns are only a couple of seconds away.

1 or 2 gun models, prefer the 870/ AR combo:

Big Sky Racks Overhead Gun Rack : Cabela's

That's relly cool. I'd be worried about mounting it.

s7_220670_999_01.jpg

Seems that "trunk" and "truck" have been comingled here. I usually drive a truck so was commenting in the spirit of truck owners :)

I have mouse guns tucked in my cars, but nothing in the trunks. Considering that option now, though.

Only take a trunk gun on long trips and out in the boonies. Keep it hidden between the seat and backrest with the seats up so it is totally hidden unless you move Lilly out of the way! Locked to the seat frame with a Kryptonite lock and cable. It's a mini-14. Oh yeah! Lilly has teeth and a tail! Same rifle, different arrangement in the wife's car.

I carry a black canvas laptop case with me just about everywhere I go. I don't take it into Costco or Safeway for obvious reasons, but nearly everywhere else. Tucked inside one of the compartments is a S&W M60 and two speed loaders. Because of what I do for a living, seeing me with the case makes perfect sense and appears natural. I can have the weapon out in less than 10 seconds. It works out so well, once in awhile I actually carry a laptop!

If the SKSs and M44/type 53s (even a 91/30 if you had a bug truck or van) were as cheap and common as they were 8-10 years ago id suggest one of those.

I agree with the sentiments regarding shotgun, SKS, or Mosin M44.
+10
Sounds like safe options in the event your car is robbed. I can't imagine most criminals will use your mosin in a crime. Alternatively, I would suggest a Makarov (or few) for the trunk. You never know when you might have friends with you who don't have guns, or they do carry but might want a BUG.

Strength in numbers.

All depends on what situation I am going to and doing.

Forest road driving to fishing spots /exploring: 9mm on my side, .380 in the console, and long gun in the back. Maybe a 30-30, maybe an AR.

Despicable big city trips: 9mm carry with 2 extra mags, 380 in console, removed if parked and 380 goes on my ankle. I have damn few of these. Portland and area makes me nervous moving about it and I want to be there, done and gone ASAP.

Around town, I really do not feel the need to have a long gun. 9mm with 21 rounds is minimal at best, but if something starts for some reason, I am hauling a** for home anyway. Away from home any distance at all for any time, some kind of long gun and 100 rounds are going to be in my rig.

A Rem 870 with an 18" barrel and 2 round mag extension stays in our rig. We travel with that, the wife's Ruger KP345, my RIA 1911(the single greatest semi-auto I have ever owned) and Ruger LCP for defense and a T/C Hotshot 22lr for pests or small game and that is the bottom line. If a rifle is needed, it will be a Rem 660 in .308, AK74 or .357 lever gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top