JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where my national reciprocity at!?
Ugh... we don't want that. 50 sovereign states and that would make some sort of registry for license owners.

More like we need no license needed but that hits the sovereign states issue again...

Where my national reciprocity at!?

I have 1 card that covers 35+ states...

I would give the NRA at least partial credit in the aggregate for fighting for those rights, which are relatively new developments. E.g. 20 years ago that wasn't a thing. Now it is.

You were saying?

Look, apparently you and everyone else wants to blame the NRA for XYZ when it's not their fault and they have generally been the 1000 lb gorilla in the room generally fighting for gun rights.

Maybe you are young and don't recall the AWB. It was horrible. I'd give the NRA some credit for putting Bush in power and the AWB expiring. And Bush appointed IIRC 2 SCOTUS judges who voted in favor of Heller and McDonald.

The mere fact that you even can get a can now with paperwork, is probably heavily NRA influenced.

Again, more NRA DNA in all of that.

So before you bite the hand that feeds you, perhaps gather your facts.

Ugh... we don't want that. 50 sovereign states and that would make some sort of registry for license owners.

More like we need no license needed but that hits the sovereign states issue again...

No need for that. Just make a license from any state valid in all 50 states, like a driver's license.

I have 1 card that covers 35+ states...

I would give the NRA at least partial credit in the aggregate for fighting for those rights, which are relatively new developments. E.g. 20 years ago that wasn't a thing. Now it is.

You were saying?

Look, apparently you and everyone else wants to blame the NRA for XYZ when it's not their fault and they have generally been the 1000 lb gorilla in the room generally fighting for gun rights.

Maybe you are young and don't recall the AWB. It was horrible. I'd give the NRA some credit for putting Bush in power and the AWB expiring. And Bush appointed IIRC 2 SCOTUS judges who voted in favor of Heller and McDonald.

The mere fact that you even can get a can now with paperwork, is probably heavily NRA influenced.

Again, more NRA DNA in all of that.

So before you bite the hand that feeds you, perhaps gather your facts.

I appreciate the lively discussion.

NRA plays politics, and part of that is compromising. I can see the arguments in favor of that, but I don't agree or appreciate compromising my basic human rights.

Its not like I am taking money from the NRA, but I do choose to give my donations to other organizations such as SAF.

I'll agree to funding healthcare when it comes with the stipulation that you lose your "right to healthcare" for making poor dietary decisions. You can eat your way to the grave for all I care, but if we're going to pay for it as a society, then you need to shoulder the responsibility to stay in shape.

Skiing, biking, running, swimming in open water, driving, showering, football, boxing, running with scissors ... /sarc

Americans love to be judgmental it seems, but there isn't anything anyone does that someone else can't find fault with. Live and let live. (I shouldn't feel like I need to say this in a gun forum, in a thread about potential gun rights erosion. Self-reflect!)

It's not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue!!!
That's what we all need to be telling fence sitters and the uninformed voter.
The Mental health issue does need to be addressed, but we need to be vigilant it doesn't get turned back against us. It seems to me it's already happening with Red Flag Laws.

Skiing, biking, running, swimming in open water, driving, showering, football, boxing, running with scissors ... /sarc

Americans love to be judgmental it seems, but there isn't anything anyone does that someone else can't find fault with. Live and let live. (I shouldn't feel like I need to say this in a gun forum, in a thread about potential gun rights erosion. Self-reflect!)
Are you my boss? I keep telling him to read the entire email thread before responding...:p

Are you my boss? I keep telling him to read the entire email thread before responding...:p

My point was that each and every one of those activities come with dangers. Skiiers break their legs, runners blow out their knees, swimmers drown, mount bikers love breaking shoulders -- the person starting his second bag of cheetos isn't out there getting a head injury while playing football. It doesn't matter what people do, there are risks -- we should just let it go and quit with the micromanagement. And yes, I typically don't read the whole email thread. ;-)

It's not a "mental health" issue. It's other things. Most folks with so-called "mental problems" are usually only harmful to themselves. One way to combat these so-called "mass shootings" is by arming more people. Put an end to these illogical "Gun Free Zones".... As if a sign ever stopped anyone. Gun Free Zones create shooting galleries, like shooting fish in a barrel. SHOOT BACK!!! Rules and signs just make it harder to keep the good guys armed and make it easier for "mass shootings" to happen. Look at other countries, instead of shootings they have mass stabbings and bombings. Most people would prefer to be shot than blown up or stabbed. Yet they still somehow believe guns are the problem.

I have constitutional carry now, I'm just trying to share it with the rest of you guys.
I'd prefer not to ask The Crown's permission to exercise any of my constitutional rights.

I don't think it's as much a mental health issue as it's a societal issue. There are the young shooters recently who are raised by the internet,television, and film. Are they the outgoing young teens involved in social activities at school? Nope, they are the disaffected, loners who are shut out by their contemporaries, bullied and marginalized. I'm sure if you ask around there is at least one teacher or administrator who "saw it coming" .

They look around at the world through the medias eyes, and see one big violent act as the ultimate facebook or twitter post.
Who is to blame?
The media? Who's mantra is " if it bleeds it leads"! After all these things seem to happen in timeline clusters. Anecdotal evidence is coverage of one event leads to the next.
The classmates? After all when you are one of todays teens cruelty is fun, a way to assert dominance over the weak.
Or maybe the red faced overweight single mother who never had time for the kid who reminds her of the guy she dumped years ago. Of course she will go on to become another screaming anti gunner.

Maybe all of them?

Of course none of the current proposed legislation addresses any of this.

But here I go again preaching to the choir.

Last Edited:
I don't think it's as much a mental health issue as it's a societal issue. There are the young shooters recently who are raised by the internet,television, and film. Are they the outgoing young teens involved in social activities at school? Nope, they are the disaffected, loners who are shut out by their contemporaries, bullied and marginalized. I'm sure if you ask around there is at least one teacher or administrator who "saw it coming" .

They look around at the world through the medias eyes, and see one big violent act as the ultimate facebook or twitter post.
Who is to blame?
The media? Who's mantra is " if it bleeds it leads"! After all these things seem to happen in timeline clusters. Anecdotal evidence is coverage of one event leads to the next.
The classmates? After all when you are one of todays teens cruelty is fun, a way to assert dominance over the weak.
Or maybe the red faced overweight single mother who never had time for the kid who reminds her of the guy she dumped years ago. Of course she will go on to become another screaming anti gunner.

Maybe all of them?

Of course none of the current proposed legislation addresses any of this.

But here I go again preaching to the choir.

Agreed. Mental health issues have always existed. Guns have been around for centuries, and semi-autos since the early 1900s. It's neither of those.

Our society, which is shaped in large part by the media and entertainment, is corrupt to the core. Values rarely exist. And human (and animal) life has become so trivialized it's pathetic.

Where are all the NRA haters now?

NRA just reeled Trump back in...

Oh my................. I just heard Trump on the 11am news today agreeing that our background check system has loopholes. And that it was one thing that he discussed with Wayne, and Wayne wants them closed just like he (Trump) does. Oh crap!!! :mad:

Oh my................. I just heard Trump on the 11am news today agreeing that our background check system has loopholes. And that it was one thing that he discussed with Wayne, and Wayne wants them closed just like he (Trump) does. Oh crap!!! :mad:

I'm sure with a provision that everyone must be trained by an NRA certified instructor. :/

King Wayne must go.

Go to Reddit... don't need a dumpster fire, you'll burn in hell!!! :p;):D

JK - there are more than a few NSFW subreddits that are entertaining enough, no need to go to the written word subreddits!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top