JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, that's my problem, bobo, I do research the candidates, and find myself voting R every time. Like many, I play the "lesser of the evils" game, and yep, R, invariably. On top of that, I have attempted correspondence with many of my state and U.S. reps, I got ZERO replies form Cantwell(D), Murray(D), and previously Baird(D), nothing, not even a form letter acknowledging me (obamacare, gun legislation, and a couple of other events I considered important). Yet, Orcutt(R), replied to an e-mail with a phone call, to my home 730 pm one evening, what even I would consider his own time, and we talked for maybe 40 minutes. Maybe you're looking at Betsy, across the river from me, as your pro 2A "can happen" D, but it's such an extreme minority it's laughable.

Should probably read the last sentence of what I posted... There are actually pro-gun Democrats. But hey, just something that one should keep a note of... If there's a minority, then one should keep in mind that means you can't lump them all together. Either way, I'm serious when I mention one should do research. Pro-gun Democrats do exist. Just like anti-gun Republicans. Even so, at this point all that can be done is agree to disagree.

We have different experiences though. I'm from NC, and after Sandy Hook our gun laws became slightly more relaxed (they were kind of relaxed to begin with), during that time period it was a Democrat state (not just the governor).

:)

Well, an opinion is an opinion. The problem is that there's a difference between a Democrat, and a Liberal Democrat. Adding to that, if the president really had enough power to make a difference we'd have even more strict laws. A president COULD propose a bill, which would go the congress. At the same time, he could veto a bill that comes from Congress. Executive orders (because I'm sure that might be brought up if I neglect them) only applies to federal and state agencies. However, congress can pass a bill that would defund an executive order, which the president can veto, but congress can overturn a veto with a 2/3rd vote. The supreme court can nullify an executive order if it is unconstitutional. Also, our vote for the president doesn't matter. The time our vote does matter? State and local. So once more, RESEARCH the candidates. A Republicsn can be anti-gun, and a Democrat can be pro-gun. Sorry, but yes that can happen. Hell, there were Democrats who voted against gun control, and Republicans who voted for it. A bit of research can shed light on that.

My point being the majority party decides who serves on committees and who decides what bills get to see the light of day and what bills make it out of committee. Added to that, the majority makes appointments of judges and other powerful people. Witness who sits on the committee in the Oregon legislature when 941 rears it's ugly head. I really believe that with a different majority party (republican) 914 would not have made it out of committee and placed on an illegal fast track. On top of that, I really don't think the last two SCOTUS appointees would have been what we have with the Mitt Man in office. It is very crucial for the well being of the United States that we elect whoever the republican nominee might be, like them or not because if the democrat party wins the white house we will have the hildabeast appointing a couple of judges not only on the supreme court but other lesser judges and there goes the country. Spare me the civics lesson and take a look at the results of the voters decisions of the last few years. I really place the blame on the non voters.

My point being the majority party decides who serves on committees and who decides what bills get to see the light of day and what bills make it out of committee. Added to that, the majority makes appointments of judges and other powerful people. Witness who sits on the committee in the Oregon legislature when 941 rears it's ugly head. I really believe that with a different majority party (republican) 914 would not have made it out of committee and placed on an illegal fast track. On top of that, I really don't think the last two SCOTUS appointees would have been what we have with the Mitt Man in office. It is very crucial for the well being of the United States that we elect whoever the republican nominee might be, like them or not because if the democrat party wins the white house we will have the hildabeast appointing a couple of judges not only on the supreme court but other lesser judges and there goes the country. Spare me the civics lesson and take a look at the results of the voters decisions of the last few years. I really place the blame on the non voters.
I can understand where you're coming from, but we had different experiences. Where I live was Democrat (majority) until recently, gun laws became slightly more relaxed during that time. Now they're pretty much the same still. But nonetheless, it really depends on who a person votes for. I am sorry about the stuff you guys have to deal with. Nevertheless, I'm rooting for Carson.

I can understand where you're coming from, but we had different experiences. Where I live was Democrat (majority) until recently, gun laws became slightly more relaxed during that time. Now they're pretty much the same still. But nonetheless, it really depends on who a person votes for. I am sorry about the stuff you guys have to deal with. Nevertheless, I'm rooting for Carson.

I'm thinking that Carson would be good for the country but the media most likely won't let him have the nomination and they determine a whole lot of that unfortunately. Any candidate that is honest and sincere and has the good of the country in mind will get nowhere in that environment. A real unfortunate situation. It is really sad what our country has deteriorated into but we are still the best out there and I am confident that we will remain so just from what I see in our men and women in uniform in the military and civilian status.

I'm not of the mindset that the police are out of control, they are mostly dealing with miscreants and they have a split second to make a determination as to what level of force to use. If the miscreants were to do exactly what the LEO tells them to do I honestly believe we would see less LEO people using deadly force. There will be some knee jerk or personal agenda type's for sure but they are in the distinct minority. The recent shooting of LEO's shows the true colors of some of our citizens.

from fox news

Donald Trump took on critics of the second amendment at a campaign rally Saturday as a new national debate begins on gun rights.

The GOP front-runner weighed in on the controversial issue while visiting Franklin, Tenn. only days after a gunman killed nine in a deadly shooting at a community college in Roseburg, Ore.

"The second amendment, the right of the people to bear arms should not be infringed upon, period," Trump told supporters. "The second amendment's purpose is to guarantee to defend ourselves and our families, we need that."

He went on to tell the crowd that situations like what happened in Oregon on Thursday could have been different if teachers at the college were carrying guns.

"If you had a couple of guns with those teachers, you would have been a hell of a lot better off," he said.

Trump told the crowd that he has a concealed carry permit in New York, which he says might be hard for some to believe. "Somebody attacks me, oh they're going to be shocked."

He explained that attention should be placed on fixing America's mental health care system rather imposing new limits on gun ownership and usage. "[Critics] don't bring up mental illness, that our mental health care is out of whack or all of the other problems."

Oregon officials, including Gov. Kate Brown are so far staying away from talk about gun control reforms in the state saying they are primarily focused on helping those with the grieving process.

Trump has made gun rights a centerpiece issue on the campaign trail. In September, he released a policy paper detailing his plan if elected to the White House, saying he plans to impose a national right to carry.

"The right of self-defense doesn't stop at the end of your driveway," he said Saturday. "That's why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top