JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Incrementalism at its finest. I'm disappointed but not surprised. I've come to expect these know nothing rulers to criminalize what should be legal and legalize what should be a hang worthy offense.

I do wonder.... what are they going to go after next? If I owned one of those flip up shoulder thingies I'd be digging a hole right about now. ;)

[classic Tucker response: "no its not"]

Kamala Harris

She's going as hard as she can to stay in front of the media no matter what she has to say. No radio show is too small. No sound bite is too ridiculous. Remember Feinstein has passed her the tourch and Harris has drank every ounce of her kool-aid.

It's interesting that there is the slightest crack in the liberals platform the last few weeks but it's very far them calling their leaders out. They've painted themselves into a hole with their own logic and can't find a way out.

Its that party line mentality that gets us every time.

We assume lobbies are wholesome, and good and righteous. Nope!
We assume our politicians will do as they say they will. Nope.

Trump, may or may not have Americas best interest at heart. But he didn't make his billions
built on compassion for the troubles in America. Thinking he would be the 2nd Coming is a mistake.
He may be doing good, just like many here think the NRA and OFF are doing good.
But thats not enough to simply say they have good intentions, they must act and cause success that is how we measure POTUS and their worth.

As is known I give OFF and the NRA a bad time, for good reason. What I find funny in this thread the same people
telling me OFF needs our money to fight. Are the same people telling us Trump will lose in 2020 cause he not what he said? Why? Because Trump is not doing what they say, NRA and OFF both are the same as Trump good intentions do not make success. They say crap every year fail. And we throw money at them LOL

Trump is going to lose 2020 no matter what.
The left learned bigly in 2016... Same mistakes won't be made again.

Which is why this angers me. It's a matter of principal. I care nothing for bumpstocks.
Trump should be on a scorched Earth campaign against the left right now. He KNOWS they will only budge where they feel like it. There is no tit for tat with them.

There is no Grand plan with this. He sold it out because he thinks it's good optics and in general doesn't care about undermining the 2A. He knows he has NRA's money in 2020 and that's good enough for him and the rest of the GOP.

Given the choices, I'll still vote for them, but in the PNW it's a losing vote anyway so it won't matter.

He should be sticking it to them constantly. No one is going to change their mind about him, no one is going to suddendly back his agenda because he threw a bone.

I'm not optimistic in either the politicians or the voters. The writing is on the wall.

Trump is not a politician, perhaps why many of us voted for him.
But he is also a non-politician, fighting along side everyone else that is.
Its unlike, taking a skateboard to a Nascar Race and wondering why its so hard to win.
You DO NOT win in politics by beating your opponent. You win by beating their ideology !
Trump still seems oblivious to the process and is why the vision is so hard for him to see.
He wants to get everyone to buy skateboards, instead of just him buying a Nascar and beating them at the
race. This siding with them on bumps was stupid. You showed the wrong message Potus, and
this smal insignificant act may have just cost him 2020, unless he can swing CC open in all states, he is screwed.

Which is why this angers me. It's a matter of principal. I care nothing for bumpstocks.
Trump should be on a scorched Earth campaign against the left right now. He KNOWS they will only budge where they feel like it. There is no tit for tat with them.

There is no Grand plan with this. He sold it out because he thinks it's good optics and in general doesn't care about undermining the 2A. He knows he has NRA's money in 2020 and that's good enough for him and the rest of the GOP.

Given the choices, I'll still vote for them, but in the PNW it's a losing vote anyway so it won't matter.

He should be sticking it to them constantly. No one is going to change their mind about him, no one is going to suddendly back his agenda because he threw a bone.

I'm not optimistic in either the politicians or the voters. The writing is on the wall.

I Still have to vote against them rather than fall inline.

If Trump was trying to please someone, it is too little, too late - all he has done by this is managed to anger more of his base - which is shrinking by the minute.

The GOP is panicking and breaking apart - they are now talking about not having primaries in some states because they fear that Trump won't win the primary. They have a bunch of the GOP in Congress dropping out of the game. Those that are replacing them are opposing Trump. NK just said that they won't stop their nuke program unless we get rid of our nukes - so no joy for Trump there. They are losing on the wall issue. They spent a LOT of capital and time on the ACA when all they had to do was get rid of the mandate and it would go into a death spiral. Trump has angered farmers and factory workers with the trade war and broken promises. And in a couple of weeks Congress won't be under GOP control anymore so from here on out, Trump and the GOP are lame ducks.

So 2020 will be a reckoning not just for Trump, but also for the GOP. Buy your guns and ammo now, the right sowed the wind when they elected Trump - in 2020 we will be reaping the whirlwind.

I have this feeling that this may be a dodge to appease the center-left, knowing that it will immediately be overturned for several reasons. He described the mass shootings as a mental health issue and he is right on that. Why is our nation so filled with murderers? What societal factor(s) has made so many lose all hope and decide that the only solution is to kill? Until we address that, it will just be mass event after mass vent, using different weapons of choice - exactly as the MusTerrs do.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

I have no need nor desire to own a 'bumpstock'. But this does piss me off. Only thing I can hope is this will force a conversation as to what the ATF's powers should be.......if any at all.
This should also trigger discussion on what the president's peremptory executive order powers should be. This kind of executive power goes too far. How can he just make something illegal like this? He could arguably do the same thing for tobacco, a far more dangerous thing than a bump-stock. And no, I never wanted one of these jim-cracks anyway but the principle of the business bothers me. This was an issue that should have been decided on by an open vote in Congress, that's what we pay them to do.
For the time being I am withholding my support of the Republican Party and the Don. Both groups can quit calling me for $$$- I don't like betrayal.

My main concern (beyond the principle of the issue, which in practice becomes a huge issue) is the fact that this will most likely extend beyond stocks and into triggers. If you have read some of the intro in the release, you can see they are very concerned about trigger devices. I have not read it all yet - taking it a page at a time, but even if this determination doesn't cover triggers, it probably soon will. I have never seen a bureaucracy that doesn't expand their power and regulations, plus the ATF has made determinations before on triggers and regularly does.

In short, binary triggers (pull, release) are next (if not explicitly covered in this determination), and then light triggers like the Geissele triggers - either of which increases the rate at which a firearm can be fired. Hell, simply changing ammo can increase firing rate.

So yeah, this will affect a LOT more people than just those who play with bump stocks/etc.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Heretic- great poem- Ive used that stanza as my icon on the FAL Files since 2000, since before they jacked the Boards around and changed stuff and some of us had to "rejoin"..
The entire poem was Wm B Yeats greeting to the golden dawn of the 20th century, and one of my favorites. How prescient poets can be...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top