JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

trump-2546104_1280-300x186.jpg

Today President Trump unveiled his finalized form of his "bump stock ban." In doing so he created countless new felons out of gun owners who have committed no crime, hurt no one and constituted no danger to anyone.

You can read the entire document here.

Persons who purchased these devices lawfully must now destroy them or turn them into the nearest BATF office. Those would be the folks who assured buyers that these accessories were legal.

The ruling states the following:

"The Department acknowledges comments on enforcement of and compliance with the rule. As stated in the NPRM, current possessors of bump-stock-type devices will be obligated to dispose of these devices. Acceptable methods of destruction include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. If the device is made of metal, an alternative acceptable method of destruction is using an oxy/acetylene torch to make three angled cuts that completely severs design features critical to the functionality of the bump-stock-type device. Each cut should remove at least¼ inch of metal per cut. Any method of destruction must render the device so that it is not readily restorable to a firing condition or is otherwise reduced to scrap. However, as the majority of bump-stock-type 67 devices are made of plastic material, individuals may use a hammer to break them apart so that the device is not readily restorable to a firing condition or is otherwise reduced to scrap, and throw the pieces away."

The estimated cost for this pointless theft of private property (including the closed businesses and fired employees) is estimated to be about 312 million dollars. That could build a nice stretch of wall.

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said "We are faithfully following President Trump's leadership by making clear that bump stocks, which turn semiautomatics into machine guns, are illegal, and we will continue to take illegal guns off of our streets,"

This ban, as with all gun control measures, will have no effect on crime or criminals except by creating so many more of them. It is state sanctioned theft. Trump's willingness to bypass Congress to put many good Americans, (many who no doubt voted for him) in the cross hairs of zealous law enforcement and prosecutors is frighting .

Legal action against the ban has been filed. See more here.

The post Trump Makes Thousands Of New Felons. appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

Besides the outright ban of a perfectly legal accessory according to our benevolent gooberment, so, I aim to Misbehave!
Since when did I ever need a bump stock to bump fire a semi auto, the old thumb through a belt loop always did a good job, and the net result is the same!
Oh well, on the the next fight!
Maybe we will have better luck fighting worthwhile fights!

Yea, never mind, we cannot get together on any thing!

I know people that can fire revolvers like " a machine gun speed" They never will get it.
The tool is not the problem, the person holding it is.
This was a stupid move by the NRA and Trump, but lets all remember lobbyist are not against gun control.
They are against rights removals and seldom do they ever understand the concept.

Once: You allow and adapter to a firearms as being the problem, then liberal logic can can say Magazines over 5, red dots, the list goes on.. thanks NRA and Trump....would have liked to see CC in all states, but hey what do I know.

Last Edited:
I have no need nor desire to own a 'bumpstock'. But this does piss me off. Only thing I can hope is this will force a conversation as to what the ATF's powers should be.......if any at all.

trump might be getting rid of bumpstocks but look at the supreme court justices hes appointed...all we need is darth vader gingsburg to croak and we'll be aight ;)

Tyranny looks a lot like this. Do this or go to jail. Without your dinner or compensations. I understand Trump can't comprehend something that cost less than thousands of dollars have value because he is actually very rich but the people that went along, seemingly every federal judge (the ones that block his every move), the entire government...those citizen cheering will soon rue rulings like this. They see this as a small victory but they just gave up everything. Personal ownership equals nothing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top