JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am waiting with bated breath to see if SCOTUS decided to hear Peruta. On Wednesday they delayed their decision...again. But i was surprised. The last couple of delays were before Gorsuch. Now that Gorsuch is on the court, I am really shocked they didn't decide to hear it!

I am waiting with bated breath to see if SCOTUS decided to hear Peruta. On Wednesday they delayed their decision...again. But i was surprised. The last couple of delays were before Gorsuch. Now that Gorsuch is on the court, I am really shocked they didn't decide to hear it!

My guess is that SCOTUS shying away from pretty much any precedent setting 2A cases* after McDonald won't change, even with Gorsuch on the bench.

* I don't consider the ruling in Caetano v. Massachusetts, that stun guns were protected by the 2A, to be precedent setting. On the contrary, it was very lacking. They could have done so much more to define that arms are covered by the 2A, not just specific state approved items. Instead they were vague and noncommittal. In the end all they did was to vacate the original ruling, letting the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court know how stupid their biased ruling was and remand it back to them (MSJC) in the hopes that they (SCOTUS) would never have to see it again.

Ray

Update: The last time Peruta was delayed (a decision to hear the case before SCOTUS or not to hear), it was in fact before Gorsuch was joining in the decision-making. The fact that the decision has been delayed week after week for a month is to allow Gorsuch to have his say.

I now believe that Peruta will be seen by SCOTUS. How it will turn out is unknown, of course.

Update: The last time Peruta was delayed (a decision to hear the case before SCOTUS or not to hear), it was in fact before Gorsuch was joining in the decision-making. The fact that the decision has been delayed week after week for a month is to allow Gorsuch to have his say.

I now believe that Peruta will be seen by SCOTUS. How it will turn out is unknown, of course.

I'm not so sure, they've just kicked it down the road again.

Ray

Every time...................

people fishing.jpeg

charlie brown.jpg

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR