JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neom (styled NEOM; Arabic: نيوم‎ Niyōm) is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. It is planned to incorporate smart city technologies and also function as a tourist destination. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders that Saudi Arabia shares with Egypt and Jordan.[2] It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.

I am not surprised. They are trying out 5g smart city tech in the middle East, sponsored by countries that are purported to be enemies of one another. Another interesting change is in Estonia, or E-stonia:

Named 'the most advanced digital society in the world' by Wired, ingenious Estonians are pathfinders, who have built an efficient, secure and transparent ecosystem that saves time and money. e-Estonia invites you to follow the digital journey.

It's coming, unless we can collectively disconnect.

See also thread

Just think, in 1995 I think, there were all those news stories about the cameras in London and how much they invaded privacy. Now, cameras are everywhere here and people line up to pay hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars to have the latest GPS locator/voice recorder/camera/personal information distributor.

I wrote about this in the late 90's, I spoke about this in conversations, and some people laughed at me when I spoke about London and the cameras. I said that it was so Orwellian. Ugh.

In the early 2000's, a guy that I knew online had to travel back and forth to London for business. Another man, who was an old gun/political close friend of mine (And my late husband.) traveled back and forth to Europe a lot.

Both of the men, other friends too, could NOT get over all of the cameras that they saw. As time went on, when they spoke about their travels, they kept on saying how much WORSE that it was getting.

I lost contact with the first man and other people - I did not keep up with the forums and email for a time frame. He used to do a radio show - long gone now too.

The second man traveled quite a bit before and after his retirement. I don't know if he still travels as he used to do because he got upset with the TSA and other BIG BROTHER tactics. I told him that if he wanted to see me or my MT husband and me (After I remarried from being a widow.) - that he would have to do the flying/driving unless I made another trip to Maine with my MT husband driving or if we took a LONG train ride. I used to enjoy flying BEFORE 9/11 - good service, I used to LOVE train travel - train rides as a kid/teen - good service (I am old.) and I used to enjoy car/truck LONG rides when I was NOT in a hurry or had to MAKE TIME.

I will not put those things in my home and I will say this too. I wonder how the computer REALLY WORKS even though we turn OFF the microphone and camera?! I have HEAVY PAPER and TAPE over the camera thingey on this laptop. I have never USED the camera on any computer that I ever used. I have the microphone turned OFF too.

Cate

Last Edited:
No internet & no cable at home. :)

Woo hoo! Grin.

Do you use some type of a telephone to post on this forum?

Do you have any television reception at all in your home? OTA- free? A dish of some type? Or are you like us and barely watch the boob tube?

Do you use AM and FM radio a lot? What about shortwave radio? Listen to it at all?

Sometimes, more often than not, I would LIKE TO DISCONNECT the ISP-computer connection which comes into my home via a cable - Spectrum (Ugh!).

I don't have a cable connection hooked up for the boob tube or telephone. This is a newly built house and it was WIRED for cable.

I know that THEY can tap a land line - I have a land line. I have NO cellular telephone. They would be BORED! LOL

I use a tiny indoor antenna for the boob tube which I can get RECEPTION in this part of town for free - OTA - over the air.

My husband and I get MOST OF OUR NEWS online from all parts of the country and around the world. News websites and through the radio via the computer line.

He does NOT want to give up a computer connection at home. He does enjoy the regular am/fm RADIO and a bit of the OTA boob tube - limited watching and we are VERY selective on what we LIKE, watch and see/hear in most things.

He does enjoy some of the movies/shows that we did KEEP but more and more things have been donated to our LIBRARY!

We LOVE to read online - various subject matters and news but we enjoy OLD fashioned BOOKS too.

Cate

Last Edited:
What about my toaster, fridge, heck, stove?

They're all part of the electronic consortium.

Thank gawd my toilets are analog...

Some people complained that their stoves/ovens were being turned on and the manufacturing companies told them that they were NUTS! This have been in the news and on some forums in the past too.

Many people complained not just some people and the reports came from all over the country too!

SMART APPLIANCES!

Anyway, it turns out that those OVENS/STOVE TOPS WERE BEING TURNED ON and sometimes it was when a smart reader was turned on to read a meter (Electric company!) and sometimes it was a MESSED UP SMART DO DAD that almost or did start FIRES in some homes.

So finally, a few weeks ago, 3 if not more, stove/oven companies ISSUED A RECALL on their goods. It was in the news but not heavily!

One lady already had her stove/oven recalled twice and BOTH OF THEM WERE DEFECTIVE and continued to turn on ALL by themselves in the middle of the night. THEY DID NOT BELIEVE HER and said that she left it on or was confused/sleep walking in the middle of the night. She was right and they were wrong.

There have been other devices that have been messed up with their smart/dumb electronics in the PAST - smart televisions and recently cellular telephones some more.

I always check my appliances and I UNPLUG some things when I go away for a time frame too. I unplug and totally disconnect the internet ON and off in a 24 hour time frame, the ota boob tube, the dvd player, the electric radios, the microwave, etc. I went without a microwave for a long time and I may go without it again. The last couple of brands that I have had did not last long. The one that I had back east - lasted for MANY years with NO issues at all. They are not worth FIXING either.

Take care.

Cate
ADDED more.

Woo hoo! Grin.

Do you use some type of a telephone to post on this forum?

Do you have any television reception at all in your home? OTA- free? A dish of some type? Or are you like us and barely watch the boob tube?

Do you use AM and FM radio a lot? What about shortwave radio? Listen to it at all?

Sometimes, more often than not, I would LIKE TO DISCONNECT the ISP-computer connection which comes into my home via a cable - Spectrum (Ugh!).

I don't have a cable connection hooked up for the boob tube or telephone. This is a newly built house and it was WIRED for cable.

I know that THEY can tap a land line - I have a land line. I have NO cellular telephone. They would be BORED! LOL

I use a tiny indoor antenna for the boob tube which I can get RECEPTION in this part of town for free - OTA - over the air.

My husband and I get MOST OF OUR NEWS online from all parts of the country and around the world. News websites and through the radio via the computer line.

He does NOT want to give up a computer connection at home. He does enjoy the regular am/fm RADIO and a bit of the OTA boob tube - limited watching and we are VERY selective on what we LIKE, watch and see/hear in most things.

He does enjoy some of the movies/shows that we did KEEP but more and more things have been donated to our LIBRARY!

We LOVE to read online - various subject matters and news but we enjoy OLD fashioned BOOKS too.

Cate

Yah, it's pretty nice!

Use cellular hot spot for minimal internet.

"Rabbit ears" for over the airwaves TV, maybe 20 stations total, but not big TV watchers. Sometimes we'll watch an evening of NICS, or some other serial, but that's about it.

DVD's and Amazon Prime for most want to watch stuff. Amazon Prime downloaded to device, usually at work. I bought us an apple connection cable thing that displays onto the tv full size in excellent clarity & sound.

Some radio, not HAM (yet), more music from devices tho.

Plenty of reading as well.

We do miss all the different news sources offered with cable at times, however not anywhere near enough to "hook up" to cable again.

Going by your username, I'm guessing you're pretty sophisticated about technology.

I have one foot in the spyware-consortium and one out. Netflix is hard to give up, but I've been a long term facebook objector. I do try to block and avoid as much as I can without going completely dark, but technology is so byzantine, it's hard to know how successful I am. I do know enough to know I don't really know anything at all.

Let me assist with Netflix.

Barack Hussein Obama
Michelle Obama
Valery Jared
Susan "Benghazi" Rice

Are all board of directors at Netflix and are also Executive directors on Netflix produced shows since leaving office.
Your hard earned money is going to the Obama's wallet.

Ready to leave yet?

Here was my cancellation from Netflex, just to show my money is where my mouth is.

Susan Benghazi_2.png

From my understanding, Trump hates Bezos, founder of Amazon. I also suspect he hates Apple because of their manufacturing facilities in China. It would be just like him to create this type of panic so people won't buy these company's products.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top