JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a set of TruGlo TFO's for Xmas.
Had them installed on my Springfield XD-9 and really like them.

About a week ago the light pipe in the front site falls out and I can't find it. Have only shot this at the range so was kinda surprised. Upon further reseach this seems to be a problem with these sights but just a dab of clear nail polish seems to fix the issue. Soooo, I email TruGlo and ask them how I can obtain a light pipe for the front site.

They email me back and say send in the sight for repair. I email them that it is an XD and getting the sight off might take an act of congress and I don't have the tools so i would have to pay to have it done, pay to ship it to them, pay to have it put back on. Can they just send me the pipe?

Their answer was another email advising me to send in the slide with the sight on it.

Not exactly my idea of customer service. All I want/need is the dang pipe. Nothing is damaged. I might try to call them just to see what they say but geez.... then again I might have to start over and get some sights I can rely on.

Disapointing customer service for sure.

On the plus side, both Savage and Marlin have sent me replacement parts for their rifles without charge, without even asking me if it I registered with them, or even are you the original owner, they asked just to define the problem and the rifle so they could send me the part. In the case of the Savage I told them that I destroyed the part via my own stupidity, that is was in no way their fault, the person who answered the phone at customer service, laughed, thanked me for my honesty and asked for my address to send the part!

It's really amazing when we have giant corporations that make nothing but paper, create systems where profitable deals involve nothing real but a contract, that these giants do such goofy things they nearly crash the economy and have to bailed out by the gov, and yet we have outfits like these two corporate rifle makers who produce excellent low cost products and still care about keeping their customers happy.

To be fair to TruGlo, I believe that they make everything in China, I would guess that they don't have a repair department or spare parts, just replacement units.

Send them a "picture" (image) of the sight without the light pipe.
Put your Driver's license in the image as proof as being your gun in the pic.
Your "ship to" will be on that License.
What more could they want...a urine sample??

Just sayin'

Tilos

PS: I try to post something pro-active, not just pile-on whining or additional things or companies to whine about.

Last Edited:
Sounds a lot like Taurus "we can't just send you a new extractor" line. Probably some arcane legal reason like getting sued if an unqualified person does the repair. Same reason we aren't allowed to pump our own gas...

Hey now, the only reason we aren't allowed to pump our own gas is to keep people employed and our unemployment rate down.
Sure some of people who do it aren't even qualified to do that, but it helps the economy a little bit.
I used to get in fights with them all the time when I used to have my custom built and painted 67 Mustang and they tried to pump gas (it didn't act nice to the automatic gas shut offs so you had to baby it and do it manually). They told me it was a $500 fine if I did it. I told them it was a $5,000 paint job (and it was) and if they damaged it at all I would hold them personally responsible to pay for it to be repainted. That ended those conversations real quick.
Either way, it helps keep the world going, but I think you should have the option for them to do it or do it yourself if they insist on hiring everyone to do it. The lines are too long in Oregon from waiting on them versus anywhere else.

Sorry to threadjack. Back to thread.

I think they should send parts to you, or at least an authorized installer in your area so they can repair it for you locally versus sending the whole thing out. It seems stupid for them not to send you a part to fix something.

A follow up --- I've called three times, I get the press 1 if dealer press 2 if consumer.
Press 2 -- hear some music then a recording that they are open 7:30 to 5:30 central time. If you get this message we are busy with others, try again later and then it hangs up.

Not would you like to hold, leave a message, just hangs up. I must admit I'm amazed this company gets such high marks for their products when their customer service is about the worst I have ever encountered. Would definately not recommend them.

Did you try what I recommended...
or just read all the thread drift.

I would list the additional products whined about in the thread drift but that would make my post too long.

I guess you chose to ignore my post and continue to whine.

Just sayin'

Tilos

Tilos, I'm just stating what great service TruGlo seems to have, while I continue my quest to actually get in touch with someone that can do something.

As far as your idea, I'm not a big fan of sending a picture of my drivers license to someone I don't know over an email system that I'm not familar with.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by not using your suggestion but don't whine about it.

I searched the net until I found a name of a VP at Truglo, called them again and used the automated pone book to get to the VP. Actually got a voice mail with directions to get a hold of someone. I did what it said, talked with a person that agreed to mail me the light pipe. Geez, the hoops they require to get in touch with anyone.
Remains to be seen if I actually get the light pipe in the mail, but I've got my fingers crossed.

Starship:

Thanks for the response

You didn't hurt my feelings...
Don't send ANY pics in an e-mail.
Continue to play phone tag, he said, she said...

and whine on.

Just sayin'

Tilos

Well I waited a few days for the light pipe to show in the mail. It didn't.

BUT I did get a rather nice e-mail from someone at Truglo (they didn't sign their name or position) explaining the issue of them wanting to repair the sight and why the clear nail polish (to hold the pipe) isn't really a good idea.
I emailed back about turn-around time and he/she said it would be done within two days.

I finally decide to send in the slide with the sight attached. I did this last Thursday and yesterday I got everything back. Six days, including shipping and including a weekend, not bad. Also yesterday the promised light pipe showed up in a different package. Sooo, now I have the sights fixed and an extra light pipe.

I still have issues with how hard it is to contact this company and how hard it is to get a good (informed) response but they did finally come through.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top