JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is where the fal gas system excels. It is usually set to bleed off some gas even with lighter loads. It can be opened up to direct more gas to the piston if needed. An ar10 would need a large enough gas port to begin with to possibly work with lower pressure ammo.
I also do not believe it's a pressure issue. I believe it's a mass issue of the casing. We're trying to apply what we know works with brass and steel to a totally different material

Regardless, I would be willing to send you a few rounds to test out, so long as you post the results

I am not sure I follow you, wouldn't the lighter cases take less pressure to extract and eject? Or maybe the heated polymer is sticking to the chamber walls? I would think the extractor would be ripping rims if that were the case. I see cabela's is carrying this ammo, albeit at 59.99 for a box. My cabelas mastercard has a few hundred points built up so maybe I will buy a box in the name of science.

Thanks for the link. It sounds like less gas or a heavier buffer may be the solution so an adjustable gas block may work on an ar10. Who wants to custom tune for this spendy ammo though? when there is plenty of brass and steel cased ammo readily available for much less $.

Here it is, what's left of 500 rounds of PCA ammo.
It's actually dark gray but the flash shows up like white.

D2EBE9FD-FAA4-4950-9D93-D4DC3A64A0F2.jpeg 9296F085-A1B1-4E20-8818-E88A405F7F1A.jpeg 52F6D148-CBB2-4E5A-931E-E1FC35DCE1DA.jpeg

The guy that showed it to me said that the target market is guys that carry a lot of ammo on person. Because of the greatly reduced weight. Also said that the gun should run cooler because the plastic does not conduct heat well.

I am neither an Operator nor a LARPER, so I'm out!
Nor carry alot of ammo ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top