JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is this "take them away" you speak of? Nobody can take anything from an armed man without his compliance. I aim to misbehave.
Sadly if they make them illegal here, which I expect we will see one day, I will reluctantly just get rid of them. I could I guess just "hide" them or something but, if I could not take them out in public to shoot not sure what use they would be to me. Sadly too many gun owners are ready and willing to go along with almost every new gun law that comes along. :s0092::s0054:

Sadly if they make them illegal here, which I expect we will see one day, I will reluctantly just get rid of them. I could I guess just "hide" them or something but, if I could not take them out in public to shoot not sure what use they would be to me. Sadly too many gun owners are ready and willing to go along with almost every new gun law that comes along. :s0092::s0054:
Since there isn't a country or political power in the history of mankind that had survived forever. I would view anything like that to be temporary in any case, it doesn't mean that temporary couldn't last more than my lifetime, but it doesn't mean they couldn't come in handy by future generations who were taught what this country was founded on, but has since failed fo live up to.

Just thought of this for the AR, if time was of the essence and you wanted or cared to stay legal.

Keep AR, trigger charged, BCG locked back and safety off. Then the only thing you would need to do is insert mag and press the bolt release. Can't think of a faster method apart from using a pistol where the CPL covers it being loaded.
I like Hornady Rapid Racks for this kind of application--shove mag in and rack like an AK, then drop the chamber-flag and immediately ready to fire. My other usual trick is I ziptie a lanyard clip to the "handle" section, then attach that to one end of an eyeglass cord and clip the other to the sling loop.

Pricey alternate option: Look at a GAU-5 pistol. Keep a mag in the well but empty chamber and front-half removed. A quick slap the front end on, flick of the wrist to lock, rack bolt and Ready for Bang.

Somebody said, "Cupcakes"...??? Where are they? Lemme at 'em!

Ooooooooooooooooo... cupCAKES!!!

View attachment 1017968

Seinfeld no.jpg

They do not cover you for this. The CPL here only covers pistols. So you can carry a pistol even one that is an AR, as long as its a pistol. Anything that is a long gun the CPL does not mean you can carry it loaded in the vehicle.
full.gif

I was referring to AR and AK pistols in my response...
Your comment "...this state you just can't have a magazine in the gun that's loaded" was not entirely correct and does not apply to handguns and AR/AK pistols if one has a CWP.

View attachment 1018094

I was referring to AR and AK pistols in my response...
OK that was the main reason I wanted to try an AR pistol with a brace. They were a LOT of fun and the first thing I thought is this will be wicked good to be able to keep in the vehicle and I can keep it loaded since it is legally a pistol. OP here though seems to be asking about a truck long gun so I always try to be careful. Many will read something on a group like this and follow the "advice" without checking on it. No one of course should do so but, I have seen some amazing scary stuff people "thought" was OK because they read it on a group like this.

Totally get where you're coming from now. We're all good, Alex. :s0155:

I just went back and read the OP and he specifically mentioned "rifle or shotgun" in his query.
I guess I got all excited when someone else brought up the ARK/AR pistol option in the intervening pages.
Since "I know a guy" that has "a few" ( ;) ), I thought I could contribute intelligently to the conversation.
But, we all know how that was gonna turn out... :oops:

Last Edited:
With a little practice, double and quad loading a shotgun is real easy. I picked up the technique because loading one shell at a time gets annoying after a bit. Not as fast as putting a mag in an AR, tough

I see many people talk about having a "truck rifle" or shotgun. In Wa can you carry a rifle or shotgun in your car or truck?
Get a pistol size ar/ak or a nfa type (shotgun) which isn't classified as a shotgun but still shoots 12 gauge 🤷‍♂️ I go 300blk mini 7.5 inch barrel with a binary and law folder fits in a laptop bag unnoticeable

Get a pistol size ar/ak or a nfa type (shotgun) which isn't classified as a shotgun but still shoots 12 gauge 🤷‍♂️ I go 300blk mini 7.5 inch barrel with a binary and law folder fits in a laptop bag unnoticeable
At least in Washington state, CPL is for pistols, a "firearm" wouldn't be covered.

And by RCW "pistol" has the loose description of "under 16" barrel and designed to be fired by one hand." A Mk 18 with an AFG or handstop is borderline.
Fair enough, hadn't considered that.

Here's the funny part. I can pick up my 18" barreled AR rifle, extend my hand completely out, hold the rifle 90 degrees outward and fire accurate shots. Definitely muddies the waters.

Before I decided to pin-and-weld, since I have trouble shouldering a rifle I toyed with the idea of building my M4 up as a 14.5" pistol/"Other Firearm." It ended up that since C.'s C8 was 0.3" longer than Canadian spec, an 0.2" shim would keep the two irons at relative parity vis-a-vis their military counterparts. (She STILL has a few unfair advantages with the narrower front sight post, Eotech reticle and laser, though!)

I think it's a load of BS how LE are exempted from all this loaded long guns in vehicle nonsense in the WA state law. Last time I checked, LE personnel are citizens first before anything and are subject to the laws like anyone else, so as a result, LE exemptions just create a power balance issue between the good citizens and the government institutions. Kind of like the "rules for thee, but not me" type of mentality.
Tyranny is best exemplified by that which you are not allowed to do, but the government is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top