JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In order for it to please the King (because a legislative body can be just as oppressive as a single monarch)

A rifle or shotgun must be unloaded when being transported in a vehicle. To be considered unloaded a rifle or shotgun must have no ammunition in the chamber, or in internal magazine or external magazine if attached to the rifle or shotgun. That's as far as they legally have to be separated.

So basically, a magazine fed gun is best for this purpose because you can be in compliance with the law and then put a mag in it and have it ready to go. More time consuming with internal magazines, but still an option.

This is why the pistol braces are popular for vehicles, legally it counts as a pistol so pistol CPL rules apply rather than rifle or shotgun rules.

Also, this is a good time to add that all gun laws are infringements and therefore unconstitutional, but since the government doesn't mind shooting people to maintain control, you can decide how much you want to abide.

A rifle or shotgun must be unloaded when being transported in a vehicle. To be considered unloaded a rifle or shotgun must have no ammunition in the chamber, or in internal magazine or external magazine if attached to the rifle or shotgun. That's as far as they legally have to be separated.
So to jump on this thread's bandwagon, can you just velcro or tape a magazine to the side of the gun since it's not attached? I was considering something like a Kel-Tec Sub 2K because it folds up nice and small, and is cheap enough to beat around in the truck so technically it's a rifle....

So to jump on this thread's bandwagon, can you just velcro or tape a magazine to the side of the gun since it's not attached? I was considering something like a Kel-Tec Sub 2K because it folds up nice and small, and is cheap enough to beat around in the truck so technically it's a rifle....
Cheap….. buy once, cry once. You get what you pay for.

;)

Also, you can carry your muzzleloading shotgun in your truck, charged with powder and ball or shot, as long as it is not capped or primed.

(b) A muzzleloading firearm shall be considered loaded if a powder charge and a projectile, either shot or single projectile are in the barrel and the barrel or breech is capped or primed

Not when they pass any sort of "safe storage act" will a vehicle firearm be "legal"!

Not when they pass any sort of "safe storage act" will a vehicle firearm be "legal"!
Negative_waves.jpg

Aloha, Mark

So you would take a random stangers statement over rhe Internet as definitive say on the matter? I wouldn't recommend that. You can get information, but then you should verify it yourself. Checking the RCW's is pretty simple when you just google "RCW transporting rifle in vehicle"

I teach my students to do their own research, but I'm feeling nice today.

As long as it isn't loaded into the gun, doesn't matter where the magazine is.

So you would take a random stangers statement over rhe Internet as definitive say on the matter? I wouldn't recommend that. You can get information, but then you should verify it yourself. Checking the RCW's is pretty simple when you just google "RCW transporting rifle in vehicle"

I teach my students to do their own research, but I'm feeling nice today.

As long as it isn't loaded into the gun, doesn't matter where the magazine is.
I read that rcw. It did not tell me, or explain if the loading tube for my mossberg 500 is considered a mag or chamber if I have shells in it but none chambered in the gun ready to fire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top