Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Truck rifle storage

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Wallygator, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Wallygator

Wallygator Albany, OR Active Member

I'm looking in to ways to keep a rifle locked up in my pickup. I am hoping to take up as little space as possible and to not have it very noticeable. Any ideas would be great.

thanks
    wg

2. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

3. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i used a standard gun rack behind the seat-a little bit of mod.,and it set on the floor going up back panel-put some foam on the brkts-for the bumpy ride at times-then a rubber coated bike chain lock threw the trigger guards,and around the brkt. i feel ok with it , i guess time will tell-one of the biggest things i have found is no advertisements(glock-ruger-sig-nra-shooters clubs) stickers on the windows-:confused:don't get this sticker idea confused with winsheild stickers,like chevy-ford-dodge,or 4x4-as some people do loose track of what their driving:laugh:
    steven

4. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

I've got a Big Sky Rack in my truck. Locking requires a cable lock but the gun is nearly flush against the ceiling and barely noticable.

http://www.bigskyracks.com/