Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Truck I.D. needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OLDNEWBIE, Oct 28, 2013.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Is this an Oregon utilities truck? If so what utility? Thanks

00707_lXGO0nITXwp_600x450.jpg

2. SOrez

SOrez SOR Active Member

Kind of looks odot color.

3. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

looks like O.D.O.T. colors, but no graphic saying so.

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Could have been a service truck for a communications company.

5. OLDNEWBIE

Just did an image search for ODOT trucks. Bingo! Checking out a Craigslist ad on this truck. I know Police vehicles sit and idle all day but maybe ODOT not so much? Over 80,000 miles on a service vehicle probably = 130,000 due to idle time. Waiting on a call back to find out more.

6. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Heh, ODOT rigs idle a LOT. If that truck sat with overhead lights on at all, it was turned on because even a couple little halogen rotator lights will kill a battery in just a couple hours. New LED emergency lights say you can leave them on with the vehicle off - but the low power draw just means you can add more blinkys with the same electrical load... government vehicles tend to be pretty ragged out by the time they're sold off. Check the state's auction website - almost every vehicle I've looked at has something wrong with it, some of them are barely running by the time they're sold off.

7. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I'd like to be the guy with the original contract to rebuild extra heavy-duty alternators for police rigs.

8. OLDNEWBIE

This looked like a good deal but I needed jump seats in the back. Guy said it never had them. I wouldn't rule out a service vehicle though, extra wear but regular maintenance as well. Low mileage small trucks are damn pricey though!