JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a old mossberg 500 with over folding stock/pistolgrip combo. Its simple, and can be used on birds, dear, and two legged critters. I keep a few different shell types with me and fits in a duffle bag

;)

That is awesome BTW.

I have found for me the best truck gun is an AR15 or AK 47 pistol. They have all the advantages of a battle rifle, can still hit out to battle rifle distance, is magazine fed, and gives you all the advantages of that kind of rifle, without being rifle sized. It fits in a non-descript backpack or gym bag and you can build it without having to putz around with ATF forms and "by your leaves" from the government nor carry them with the gun in the truck, should you encounter the law.

And if you have the SIG brace, you basically complete the package. If you need to use it to get home or bug out, no one from the ATF or elsewhere is going to be busting your nuggets about whether you "shouldered" it to shoot the bad guys or not.

Last Edited:
I like AR style pistols with long barrels (9 inch or so). Almost as accurate as a rifle, and legal in WA to keep loaded in a vehicle - provided you have a CPL.

Do you use 300blk or do you find the velocity with 5.56 to be acceptable with that short of a barrel? I had heard there was a massive loss of energy.

61755[1].jpg mine is a .22 HK416 - sufficient for my needs.

A friend of mine, who uses a 5.56/223 AR pistol, uses 300BLK, fast burning powder (like a GOLD DOT for your snubbie ;-))
(http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...rolling-your-own-is-easy-with-carolina-brass/).

Last Edited:
I keep a Mossberg A500 close at hand, here on the ranch and in the truck. As previously noted, it works equally well on birds, bucks and bad guys. If I am far enough away to need my AK, or something even bigger, then I'll leave the AO.:cool:

I keep a Mossberg A500 close at hand, here on the ranch and in the truck. As previously noted, it works equally well on birds, bucks and bad guys. If I am far enough away to need my AK, or something even bigger, then I'll leave the AO.:cool:

You do not need anything bigger I use Brenneke Black Magic Magnum 12 GA 3" in a 500 to hunt black bear, in Oregon at 1 3/8oz, 600 grs, it like a mac truck. I like the I like the black magic because I do not have to worry about what barrel I have on it. Rifled works better though

Truck guns are irrelevant. There will be no event that results in raging gunfights inside of a 3 day window, let alone spontaneous eruption of open fighting. Short of rural property defense (against 4 or 2 legged predators) there really isn't much use for having a dedicated long gun in a vehicle.

Truck guns are irrelevant. There will be no event that results in raging gunfights inside of a 3 day window, let alone spontaneous eruption of open fighting. Short of rural property defense (against 4 or 2 legged predators) there really isn't much use for having a dedicated long gun in a vehicle.
Did you forget the LA riots? I bet Reginald Denny wishes he had a gun on that day. Bricks to the head kinda hurt. But then again I live in such a rural area, the only riots I'm likely ever to face would come from a flock of pissed off opossums! Hence my choice of trunk/truck gun.

Did you forget the LA riots? I bet Reginald Denny wishes he had a gun on that day. Bricks to the head kinda hurt. But then again I live in such a rural area, the only riots I'm likely ever to face would come from a flock of pissed off opossums! Hence my choice of trunk/truck gun.

No, I didn't forget. I said "dedicated long gun", not "carry firearm". Reginald Denny didn't need a "truck gun". A pistol would have saved him.

No, I didn't forget. I said "dedicated long gun", not "carry firearm". Reginald Denny didn't need a "truck gun". A pistol would have saved him.
Ya but sadly he was in commiefornia at the time. Where carrying a pistol in your vehicle can get you more jail time than the brick chuckers got.

One of many reasons why I'd never live there. The point stands, however. Nobody in LA needed a truck gun.
I still haven't figured out what your point is. Maybe I'm a bit dense, on second thought with this nasty head cold I know I'm a bit dense. Lol either way my trunk gun stays in my trunk until I need it again.

Reginald Denny didn't need a "truck gun". A pistol would have saved him.

True dat. Seems a pistol would've been easier for him to deploy than a longer barreled weapon.

Either way, that footage would've been much better to see on the news instead of what actually happened to Mr. Denny (who was busy working for a living - unlike his @ss-jacket attackers).

Perhaps it would've given potential thugs waching TV everywhere something to think about (even years later - in other states). But sadly, the left wing media would have painted him as a villainous racist for defending himself.

If I were inclined to leave a weapon in a vehicle (which I am not - too many friends with stolen and stripped cars), it would be a cheap 12ga pump (18" barrel & pistol grip) that loses no value or function with nicks and scratches. And a variety of ammo for different scenarios.

And a concealed sidearm on my person.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews