JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was hesitant to post on this topic but saw an interesting video from Ken Hackthorn on his truck Protector.

Can someone get me started on setup/design? A picture would help. Sorry if that is inappropriate to ask.

my primary carry in fullsize 1911

along time ago I was cautioned against a gun rack. Sure does look cool in the back of an old chevy. 12g FN

Like a wallet and keys, my 1911 should have its place. Not always on my side.
Bolt a holster on side base of stick shift?

thanks for the input.

I might know someone with a "gun" magnet inside a truck. You mount the magnet inside the rig and it holds the firearm in place very well and is still very easy to draw when needed.

16_1_1024x1024.jpg

the video I saw guy practices different scenarios. I get it if it's not your thing but looks fun. I like going to the range and having a course or scenario. I want to try with my truck. In the end I am attacked by a Prius which must be destroyed. I am getting a junker for my bday. 99 problems.

Is this legal in Wa? If the gun is visable? Or must it be out of site?
It would be illegal in WA unless you always took it with you when you left the vehicle.

RCW 9.41.050

Carrying firearms.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

So functionally you need your CPL, and there can not be ANY position from which it can be seen from outside the vehicle.

It is similar for unloaded pistols as well, they can be carried in a vehicle without a CPL, but can't be visible from outside the vehicle.

It would be illegal in WA unless you always took it with you when you left the vehicle.

RCW 9.41.050

Carrying firearms.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

So functionally you need your CPL, and there can not be ANY position from which it can be seen from outside the vehicle.

It is similar for unloaded pistols as well, they can be carried in a vehicle without a CPL, but can't be visible from outside the vehicle.

Interesting to me how these laws actually cause problems. If pulled over in Wyoming I unload my pistol, put the chamber round and magazine on dash. Then put the pistol with slide locked back on the passenger seat, or on the console if I am not alone. My wallet has everything in it, and I hold it in hands both hands on the top of the wheel. Not required by law but...

...and this is why I never go out of state without my biometric pistol safe..

Interesting to me how these laws actually cause problems. If pulled over in Wyoming I unload my pistol, put the chamber round and magazine on dash. Then put the pistol with slide locked back on the passenger seat, or on the console if I am not alone. My wallet has everything in it, and I hold it in hands both hands on the top of the wheel. Not required by law but...

...and this is why I never go out of state without my biometric pistol safe..
YMMV, however I shall not be handling a firearm amidst a traffic stop. Least ways not that I can think on, unless explicitly directed by the officer(s) to do so. Which I can't imagine they would.

It'll be enough moving around getting wallet & reg, while driving/finding a safe place to pull off.

-Mind, its been roundabout a decade since I've been pulled over last.

Have placed the reg/insurance cards overhead in our vehicles, to avoid having to reach over & search in the glove boxes. Just in case.

Something else to consider is what happens to it when you get in an accident. Odds are more likely you'll get in a wreck than need to draw it. I'd think twice about having a loaded gun bouncing around inside the truck when, for example, it flips.

Something else to consider is what happens to it when you get in an accident. Odds are more likely you'll get in a wreck than need to draw it. I'd think twice about having a loaded gun bouncing around inside the truck when, for example, it flips.
Respecting your opinion but some firearms have multiple safetys different types of hammers etc.

Is that the scenario?
As I understand first response is to move to a safe position. I'll add in the flipped over truck to the scenario. I think this is my thread. Anyhow off to the woods.

i was hoping for a more modern story like attack of the prius group so mob, get away then flip over. Im not flipping my truck. Did that once.

To clarify Im working on a training script with the scabbard available for the driver. Tannerite for the prius. If you feel like adding something realistic financially to the story please feel free.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top