JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know that I am not the only one with this problem. I would love to find a lock box for under the back seat of my truck that could fit multiple pistols or a AR truck gun and a hand gun. After searching high and low I have found out that no one makes one for my style and year of truck. I am great with constructing stuff out of wood but never have done any welding or anything.

How hard would it to be to custom make one out of a light gage steel? @IronMonster do you have any thoughts on this? @etrain16 has mentioned he is having the same problem and cant find one for the front of his truck.

I would think there would have to be an economical way of creating something that could be built in. Any idea's would be appreciated.

Add to that a box that could be solidly mounted behind the seat of a standard two door cab that would securely lock that would hold an AR or two and mags or a pair of hunting rifles.

Just for a visual this is what I am thinking.

truck bunker.jpg

No need for a lockable box with one of these on your vehicle.

Just kidding.

IMG_0026.JPG

I wish I had room and the cash to put one in my car.

No idea about fabrication unless you can find a decent welder that won't over charge you.

Maybe place a CL ad?

I wish I had room and the cash to put one in my car.

No idea about fabrication unless you can find a decent welder that won't over charge you.

Maybe place a CL ad?

If I find a better solution for my truck Joe I will give you the cable lock box I have in my truck now. ;)

steel is more forgiving than wood, in that you can add or subtract material at will. Having said that it is also much more precise if you want things to fit right. if you have never welded before get a little 110 buzz box with innershield and play with that, the reason you want innershield wire is because it doesn't require gas and will allow you to weld in more places. just remember a clean piece of steel is much easier to weld than a rusted/oily one

steel is more forgiving than wood, in that you can add or subtract material at will. Having said that it is also much more precise if you want things to fit right. if you have never welded before get a little 110 buzz box with innershield and play with that, the reason you want innershield wire is because it doesn't require gas and will allow you to weld in more places. just remember a clean piece of steel is much easier to weld than a rusted/oily one

Not sure wood will hold up for this sort of thing. As for steel I really not sure I want to do it. knowing my luck I'd burn down my shop that I just got done with. o_O

Brother I have tried every site on this side of the world. No one makes it for a 2007 dodge crew cab. :mad:

WELL didn't you know that Dodge didn't build a good 2007 truck so they skipped that year, you got a 2006 or a 2008....:p:p:p J/K:oops:
I have been known to be really good at getting metal to stick together but with fasteners, sharp drill bits, bolts with lock washers are your best friend.
Good luck with your search buddy, OH & I too weld wood...;)

Not all wood is the same if you go that route. There are some really tough hardwoods out there like oak, hard maple, and ironwood. You would have to be very determined to get through a half inch of a good hardwood. Keep the joint between the lid and the box VERY tight so as to not allow a pry bar. A sloppy joint will let a pry bar make short of an otherwise sound steel box.

WELL didn't you know that Dodge didn't build a good 2007 truck so they skipped that year, you got a 2006 or a 2008....:p:p:p J/K:oops:
I have been known to be really good at getting metal to stick together but with fasteners, sharp drill bits, bolts with lock washers are your best friend.
Good luck with your search buddy, OH & I too weld wood...;)

Damn should of bought a found on road dead instead of a Dodge. :p:D

Not all wood is the same if you go that route. There are some really tough hardwoods out there like oak, hard maple, and ironwood. You would have to be very determined to get through a half inch of a good hardwood. Keep the joint between the lid and the box VERY tight so as to not allow a pry bar. A sloppy joint will let a pry bar make short of an otherwise sound steel box.

I have thought about that. I am just thinking a solid welded piece would be better for durability against theft.

I remember seeing a video of a guy that mounted a bracket that fits in the magazine well of an AR that locks underneath the backseat of an F-150. That is going to be the route I'm going as far as a handgun, that's going to be on my body at all times brother.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top