JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would guess that most POS's in Seattle or Portland don't bet on finding guns. So don't make you car stand out with that NRA sticker [/QUOTE said:
don't bet on it. Whilst the "homeless" can't find home, they're not above "car prowl" and are pretty wiley folk.... they know the signficance of NRA stickers, S&W, Mossy Oak, the Browning buck, etc. Most who claim to hate guns only do so for effect.... they know the political bent of the denizens of those two towns. And they know which side of the Wonder Bread the USDA butter is on. Finding a free gun inside a car means they might have some pocket change for a while when they sell it.

Then there was the homeless clown along the Springwater COrridor trail a year or so ago who had one he'd got from somewhere and used it.

Those High Point pistols would be great for this too. Butt ugly damn things but the ones I have shot just worked. They are very cheap.

I think you can get a Heritage Rough Rider .22 mag for like $100 new. might as well..

The Heritage would be too nice to leave in a car for years but the price is tempting. Ive thought about the High Points... Id get one of those for a truck gun no problem throw it in there with a cheap holster and spare mag and forget about it but every time I think about it I buy ammo or something else to stock up on... mostly because I think there isn't much odds I would need a truck gun in the first place. I think if I saw them around a bit more I might have got one on sale by now... one of the issues with those is I really dont see them around at all.

minor edit before quoted...

Last Edited:
The Heritage would be too nice to leave in a car for years but the price is tempting. Ive thought about the High Points... Id get one of those for a truck gun no problem throw it in there with a cheap holster and spare mag and forget about it but every time I think about it I buy ammo or something else to stock up on. I think one of the issues with those is I really dont see them around or I would have found one on sale at some point and bought it.
Just saw one of the gun shows on TV a HI point 45 for I think they said $289 lol they said same thing ugly heavy but work reliable

Just saw one of the gun shows on TV a HI point 45 for I think they said $289 lol they said same thing ugly heavy but work reliable

Thats about $130 too high for one BTW . I wouldnt have any problem keeping one of those as a truck gun. Hard to screw up a straight blowback .45.

The only time I saw one was at a gun show years ago on sale for under $200... ugly as sin. When I looked it up later I read nothing but good reviews on reliability and warranty, apparently the company makes them affordable with the idea that every working man can afford a good gun. Simple classic blowback design easy to mfg, I think they would be more popular if they made them smaller but I don't think you can with the blowback design in the bigger calibers.

Thats about $130 too high for one BTW . I wouldnt have any problem keeping one of those as a truck gun. Hard to screw up a straight blowback .45.
I said I think lol could been $189 and it could have been a 10mm anyway like you hard to screw up a straight blow back gun

Heres a situation a rifle caliber came into play...
Guess it depends on if your a city dweller or not if you need a rifle caliber for self defense in your vehicle. I keep an AR pistol in my trunk thats worth more then my Civic so maybe im the wrong person to ask. I grew up in the City but live in the rural country now, you can take a boy out the city, but you cant take the city out of the boy.

Guess it depends on if your a city dweller or not if you need a rifle caliber for self defense in your vehicle. I keep an AR pistol in my trunk thats worth more then my Civic so maybe im the wrong person to ask. I grew up in the City but live in the rural country now, you can take a boy out the city, but you cant take the city out of the boy.
I'm constantly explaining why I lock my cruiser or take my keys out. I ask them if they have ever watched 'Cops'. Then tell them I lived where a lot of that was filmed,lol (Lakewood Wa)

Yah, a pistol would have been a waste. Nothing but an Uzi or MP5 will help in an encounter. :)

I'm constantly explaining why I lock my cruiser or take my keys out. I ask them if they have ever watched 'Cops'. Then tell them I lived where a lot of that was filmed,lol (Lakewood Wa)

Smile, just gotta say, you don't live far enough out of the city. I had to think about it a while. I don't think we have any convenience stores with ATMs. Or maybe I just don't know where they are. But come on over for a visit, the coffee will be hot and you don't need to lock-up much.

Your handgun is the tool you use to get to your primary fighting weapon YOUR RIFLE

Since my rifles almost always stay home, then that would mean driving home, getting my rifle then driving back to the shooting. :rolleyes:

I would only have a "truck rifle" if I am far away from home (I used to bring at least one with me when I would come down from Seattle for a weekend to visit family - but that was back when I was in "survivalist" mode) - like if I was out in the backwoods. Now that I live in the backwoods, I just don't carry anything but a handgun in the vehicles.

When I retire and snowbird in an RV, then I will have some rifles in the RV

Smile, just gotta say, you don't live far enough out of the city. I had to think about it a while. I don't think we have any convenience stores with ATMs. Or maybe I just don't know where they are. But come on over for a visit, the coffee will be hot and you don't need to lock-up much.
Did you see where I live now?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads