JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread has some great advice. I hope the OP has great luck and prosperity with what ever decision he makes
Thanks everybody!

I've been pretty busy with the new back breaking POS min wage job to post my progress or lack of on a decision.

Me and the Mrs. are in a better State of mind and thinking clearly for the first time in years. It appears we're doomed to be together for life:D. And for now I'm doomed to whatever scraps of work exist around her and the kid's schedule:mad:.

The advice (prayers) here have been helpful and I've discovered a few more online resources that tell the good the bad and the ugly side of Trucking. It still appeals to me vs my alternatives.

We have however tentatively decided to postpone any School until we move back to the Southeast. Something we've been talking about for over a year after she vetoed Idaho.

So hopefully this time next year I'll be in better shape financially with a better Job.

My advice to anybody considering being a stay at home Dad because the wife earns more?
Have an exit strategy and keep up your skills and contacts!

Thanks everybody!

Me and the Mrs. are in a better State of mind and thinking clearly for the first time in years. It appears we're doomed to be together for life:D. And for now I'm doomed to whatever scraps of work exist around her and the kid's schedule:mad:.

Have an exit strategy and keep up your skills and contacts!

From an old guy who has been there and done that, this sh*t can all change next week, next month, or next year. You will not know, and you will be completely screwed beyond belief for at least the next 20 years.

Do you have a CDL? with Endorsements - like HazMat?

If not

Go get a job as a bus driver at your local school district.

After they train you and you get your CDL - if you can drive for 6 months -then you have a good package to offer - CDL + Experience.

If you can't drive the kiddies, quit after you get your CDL.
I did this when I was laid off in 2000. It was the most rewarding job I've had simply because I love kids and looked at it as a responsibility to get little kids to and from in a safe manner as I would hope someone would do for mine. I drove for about 6-months then got back to Engineering. The thing I learned is school bus drivers have worked a scam where during summer and school breaks, they claim unemployment. I didn't do this, but it was explained to me as soon as I started. Smiley---> not intended... Stupid Droid Phone won't let me delete it. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top