1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Industries BattleMag review (AR)

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by coupeowner, Dec 1, 2011.

1. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bought a couple of these to try out and thought I would give my review based on several outings at the range (no jungle warfare experience).

The good: The snakeskin exterior gives a nice grip. They include a "pull" for the bottom of the magazine that can be inserted (Magpul charges $5 a pop for similar - actually it's nicer but $5?).

The bad: The feed lips are not as stiff/strong as Magpul. The Magpuls are just a bit easier for me to load.

Hope that helps. Basically, I will be sticking w/ the Magpuls - but the Troy are a close 2nd. Haven't had a single failure to feed from either set of mags. And the Troy seems just as well manufactured as the Magpul.
  2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

They are kinda known to be crappy magazine.

P-mag, Lancer, USGI is way to go.
  3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

They've been replaced by the superior lancer l5 magazines.

You should try them. Once you realize how much better they are, you can sell your old pmags on here or craigslist and get some of your money back.