JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really, they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. Then when they were called on it they lied and said they weren't associated. Once it was proven they were, then and only then did they fire him. With as anti 2nd amendment as he and Chicago are he shouldn't have been considered.

Not really, they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. Then when they were called on it they lied and said they weren't associated. Once it was proven they were, then and only then did they fire him. With as anti 2nd amendment as he and Chicago are he shouldn't have been considered.

From what I understand they were not aware of his political views when they first were considering him. Then did the right thing when they found out.

From what I understand they were not aware of his political views when they first were considering him. Then did the right thing when they found out.

Ethics to me would be, "hey we messed up, and we'll do what it takes to fix it," when it's first brought to their attention. Not there response which was "That's not us......oh wait, that IS us and since you've pointed that out now we'll fix it." That is what my hookup is with Troy, it's the attempt to wiggle their way from the truth instead of manning up from the get go.

Secondly, how could they not know about his politics. If I was sitting in Tory Industries HR and the application came across my desk, I'd first see the applicant was from Illinois, the most anti-second amendment state in the union. Then I would see he's from Chicago, a city who's in the running for the most anti-second amendment city in the country. I would assume people at Tory would have access to Google, and a quick search on this guys name would show he's campaigned against many of the products we sell.

Then maybe they may have seen this quote from him in the Chicago Sun Times

Efforts to enhance background checks and limit the availability of high capacity magazines for assault weapons are both prudent measures that will assist in keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals and reduce the lethality of these weapons. However, with 300 million firearms in this country, we must more seriously confront what to do about the guns that are already on our streets, and the offenders who use them.

Yeah, that is going to win over my second amendment loving customers.

Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor UPDATED: Coward fired. | GunsSaveLife.com

What The Hell's The Problem With Troy Industries? | The Truth About Guns

To each their own, but Troy will never see a dime of my money.

Ethics to me would be, "hey we messed up, and we'll do what it takes to fix it," when it's first brought to their attention. Not there response which was "That's not us......oh wait, that IS us and since you've pointed that out now we'll fix it." That is what my hookup is with Troy, it's the attempt to wiggle their way from the truth instead of manning up from the get go.

Secondly, how could they not know about his politics. If I was sitting in Tory Industries HR and the application came across my desk, I'd first see the applicant was from Illinois, the most anti-second amendment state in the union. Then I would see he's from Chicago, a city who's in the running for the most anti-second amendment city in the country. I would assume people at Tory would have access to Google, and a quick search on this guys name would show he's campaigned against many of the products we sell.

Then maybe they may have seen this quote from him in the Chicago Sun Times

Yeah, that is going to win over my second amendment loving customers.

Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor UPDATED: Coward fired. | GunsSaveLife.com

What The Hell's The Problem With Troy Industries? | The Truth About Guns

To each their own, but Troy will never see a dime of my money.

Yeah, could be, but for a company that derives probably 80% of its business from the military, the could have kept him without too much injury but they ended up doing the correct thing.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Many companies dont even consider what peoples politics and more to qualifications of the actual job. They should have considering the industry they are in, but may have overlooked it.
Who knows, but it ended well.

This is true, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :D

Ok :)
but they still make a sweet trigger.

QUOTE]

I think a quick Google search or a few questions would have discovered his anti-gun views. Certainly since he was from Chicago they should have done some sort of background/backstory check on him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top