JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would have done the same as PP. Screw the rest of the sheeple not brave enough to stand up and defend the child or even question the situation. Those that continue to look the other way is what is wrong with this damned country.

I think at least half of what is wrong with this country is busybodies who can't keep to themselves

This is one of those topics that seems to come down a simple question; when do you interfere in another person's business? A a responsible citizen, isn't that a line we all have to determine ourselves?

Would I stop a mugger from beating an old lady and taking her purse?
Would I stop a husband from backhanding their wife?
Would I stop a mother from spanking her daughter?

And the question here, would I stop a man trying to take a child from the child's mother?

Yes, the country has both too many people getting in other people's business and yes this country has lot of sheep that don't stand up and say anything. In the correct context, both are good and both are bad.

To me, my own personal decision, can I live with myself after witnessing an event? Can I respect the person in the mirror every morning having acted or not acted with the limited information I have in a given situation.

Often times, the answer is yes, sometimes the answer is no. The least I can do is call the police and ask them to do their job and sort out fact from fiction. The most is put myself in the role of a citizen who wants to make sure this country remains something I respect. As many can admit, that is becoming more and more difficult these days.

Perhaps a few more people who respectfully interpose theirselves in a situation might be good? Then again, as I stated, there are always unforeseen consequences...

I think at least half of what is wrong with this country is busybodies who can't keep to themselves
It's also got a real problem with cowardly armchair quarterbacks who like to complain about what's wrong while doing nothing positive themselves. All the while finding fault with anyone that they feel does more than they do themselves and trying to justify their own laziness and cowardice by blathering on about ridiculous and irrelevant ideals...all the while trying to pretend their own shortcomings are somehow part of some larger political or social stance.

It's also got a real problem with cowardly armchair quarterbacks who like to complain about what's wrong while doing nothing positive themselves. All the while finding fault with anyone that they feel does more than they do themselves and trying to justify their own laziness and cowardice by blathering on about ridiculous and irrelevant ideals...all the while trying to pretend their own shortcomings are somehow part of some larger political or social stance.

Oh boy more high school rhetoric
"you big coward"
'I am not afraid"
"yes you are,coward"

So this site IS turning into a high school,kids in the basement ,forum

great
The anti gunners will love this place

Oh boy more high school rhetoric
"you big coward"
'I am not afraid"
"yes you are,coward"

So this site IS turning into a high school,kids in the basement ,forum

great
The anti gunners will love this place

The only thing "high school" I see here is you statement. Instead of dealing with the topic you want to feign superiority with a holier-than-thou attitude.

What anti-gunners love are cowardly men that make statements to the affect they would never defend their neighbor but shoot anyone that messes with them.

Instead of dealing with the topic.

==================================================================

The topic was never stated in this thread.

PP, I believe you are a good guy and that you bring more to this forum then I or 98% of the other posters on this board.

Still, I think that you break internet posting etiquette when you create a thread just to link to a youtube of you're self, seems you should at least describe briefly what you're thread is about within the OP and then allow the reader to decide if he wants to bother with the Youtube or not, it also appears that you are disingeniousness when you claim that to type out you're thoughts is to much work, maybe it is just me.

You have mad skills and talent, and one heck of a collection of firearms that I am truly jealous of, just wish you would tone back the look at me stuff.

Sorry had to get this off my chest, I will never bother you about it again.

I was fighting back and carrying a piece while you were likely still in diapers. I took out my first attacker at age 8 with one kick.. now go back to your superman persona and go save a cat stuck in a tree something

I was fighting back and carrying a piece while you were likely still in diapers. I took out my first attacker at age 8 with one kick.. now go back to your superman persona and go save a cat stuck in a tree something

Blah, blah...I think we all know what kind of man you are. A man is judged on his deeds and his words. No need to create stories.

==================================================================

The topic was never stated in this thread.

PP, I believe you are a good guy and that you bring more to this forum then I or 98% of the other posters on this board.

Still, I think that you break internet posting etiquette when you create a thread just to link to a youtube of you're self, seems you should at least describe briefly what you're thread is about within the OP and then allow the reader to decide if he wants to bother with the Youtube or not, it also appears that you are disingeniousness when you claim that to type out you're thoughts is to much work, maybe it is just me.

You have mad skills and talent, and one heck of a collection of firearms that I am truly jealous of, just wish you would tone back the look at me stuff.

Sorry had to get this off my chest, I will never bother you about it again.

Would have liked ,except for the skill and guns part. Having guns so you can do more videos and show them off on line doesn't make me jealous.
As for mad skills? Dime a dozen on youtube.
I do agree most with the part about linking to YT to get more views.

Whatever man.It's a You Tube world we live in.
Don't need real life experiences.

Playboy I commend you for acting when you felt you should. I also wont say I would have done the same thing since I was not there. However I would hope I would get involved when I felt I should and that also depends on the situation and people involved. And I do not understand why this has started a debate on how you presented your story :huh:

Would have liked ,except for the skill and guns part. Having guns so you can do more videos and show them off on line doesn't make me jealous.
As for mad skills? Dime a dozen on youtube.
I do agree most with the part about linking to YT to get more views.

Whatever man.It's a You Tube world we live in.
Don't need real life experiences.

======================================================

I have seen at least a 1/2 dozen of guns PP has refinished posted here, and his gun pictures are the best.

The man has talent.

Dear PlayboyPenguin or YankeeMarshall or whoever you are, if ever you'd like to make a video that:

A) Isn't long-winded

B) Doesn't have text popping up on the screen while you're talking

and

C) Isn't annoying as hell

Let me know.

You're a nice guy, I can tell, but you're one of the MANY people I've run across in my life who never learned the value of brevity. You took just over ten minutes to tell a story that could have been told in under two minutes. If the text popping up on the screen is so important, then incorporate that into your monologue- don't make people listen to you AND read at the same time- it's distracting and annoying at the same time. You may think it's clever- I assure you, it's not.

Write down what you want to say BEFORE you make the video. Make an outline of your talking points. That way you'll avoid the fluff that nobody gives a hang about anyway.

Once you've outlined your speech, deliver the into- What are you talking about today? Then deliver the body of the speech- What are the supporting facts of what you're talking about today? Finally, deliver the conclusion- What was the point of what you're talking about today? You don't have to be a speech writer to do this- anyone can do it.

This has been interesting. On one hand, I cannot imagine that I would walk away from a situation like that. Maybe if I had my 8 year old boy with me, but if the Mrs. was with us, I would have sent them away and done my best to keep a cool hand on things. Quite frankly, if our dear PP did as he described, he intervened in a very cool, collected manner. I have been invovlved in things almost like this and when I got home I did honestly rethink my actions and what reprecussions they could have had on my family where I in jail or waiting to be identified on a slab. While it is a shame, the good guys get arrested, sued or ventilated in some cases. Still, I have to go to sleep every night and wake up every day knowing what I have and have not done. Had I done nothing after seeing such a thing, I would be considering turning in what's left of my spine and both balls.

Now, as far as the video and the link, we must realize that everyone is a blogger and everyone's story is public news in their eyes. The only fault I can see is that there is no "proper" ID as to what the video is. I do not watch people standing in their basements on Youtube. That has nothing to do with the incident at the dental office, nor is it an indictment of PP's video-making, speaking ability. Unless you have some unseen footage of Joe Foss, Jeff Cooper or Elmer Keith I don't really care to hear it. At the same time, I notice that PP/YM(Batman?) has quite a following on Youtube and therefore must offer something to someone.

In short, bravado can be the downfall of a man. At the same time, apathy can as well. Getting involved in every little dispute you see is bravado. Walking past and doing nothing as a child is being forcefully taken from his Mother's arm's is apathy. Somewhere in the middle is "the right thing". We all have to decide for ourselves where we fit in. Kip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top