Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Trouble in Vancouver While Carrying

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Apr 10, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I got myself into the middle of a little domestic dispute yesterday in Vancouver. It was at the Cool Smiles dentist over in that plaza off Fourth Plain where the $3 theater is located. It would take me too long to type it all so I put it on video.

Sometimes Trouble Finds You - YouTube

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Epic video.

I am glad there are still good people around who are willing to help others.:thumbup:

3. Topper

Topper Seattle, WA Member

I would like to think i'd do the exact same thing you did.

well done.

4. ar57

ar57 Independence Member

I agree :thumbup:

5. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

you really don't want my comment as I have been drinking.

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I would like to think, carrying or not that responsible people would interfere with a perceived kidnapping. Even if to just call the local law enforcement to let them sort it out.

Bravo for staying cool in the situation.

7. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Well Played :thumbup:

8. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Penguin/Marshall, I'd like to buy you a beverage of your choice some time. Just caught up on your recent videos, and I knew there was a reason I liked you. :-D

9. .40cal EMT

.40cal EMT Portland, OR Member

Sometimes the best thing anyman can do is stand up, and if I was in your situation as an EMT, I have to call an report things like this

10. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

I hope the dental appt. went well.

11. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

All i saw was your gun cases. Can I have a 70s series Colt?

J/k; bravo.

12. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

I agree. Job well done.

13. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

From the title, I thought this was going to be about some anti-gunner spotting your gun. Kudos on keeping your cool with that guy.

Blammo and (deleted member) like this.
  14. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Did anyone else notice the THREE Superman logos on the video? I think we all know his true identity now

15. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

that was awesome, the sub titles were brilliant.

16. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've had to do similar things in the past. Like standing in a living room for 3 hours to make sure a drunk husband wouldn't have the nerve to hit his wife. I just stood there never answered his taunts and watched him behave like a moron. The next day while he was at work. A few of my friends showed up with 3 pickups and a large trailer and in less then 4 hours completely moved her out of the place and to a safe enviroment. Then a couple days later we moved everything into storage and a tiny hidden cabin in Salem set her up with a mail box drop got all her ID adresses changed or blocked and she got a restraining order.Then she told the nursing service she worked for to keep her working at the coast. He never knew where she was until 3 months after the divorce was done.

I see him every once in a while around town. he gives me the stink eye. But I know I did right making sure she was safe. And as it turned out I was right. She's now married to a very nice guy who take care of her the way she should be. And the ex is a drunk bitter Ahole.

You did what you had to as a man with a strong grasp on what is right and wrong.

17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I just can't stand when someone expects you to listen to a video and then writes script over it.
    And I think most that do YouTube videos like watching themselves way too much.

Sorry,not that interesting. Put it in print

18. PlayboyPenguin

Sorry, not interested in your inability to follow a simple video or you weird notion that people should have or do have any desire to cater to you. I will keep it like it is.

TJdamon and (deleted member) like this.
  19. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

To each there own, but I must admit that Playboy is the only internet poster I have come across with such a penchant for posting a thread with a link to a Youtube of themselves talking about what the thread is about rather then typing it out like the rest of us schlubs would do. Why may I ask, that you just don't imbed the video here in your OP?

At any rate from the responses in this thread it sounds like you did a good deed, and good deeds should always be lauded, so I say to you, well done, what ever it was you did.:)

20. PlayboyPenguin

It is called modern media. Why would any prefer emotionless type when it is not longer required (in fact antiquated) when conveying an emotional story? I don't see most of the people in here writing down their thoughts and mailing them out to everyone to read.