JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been to Jamaica and Hawaii but would never want a place at either. Much rather be havin a cold one from the deck of some nice boat here in one a the fine NW marinas.
Just not this one:eek:

5Id5N45M83G53Nb3l2c3ud391bad4f91a1870_zpssda3irbh.jpg

few years ago I was thinking about moving to rural Hawaii. You can get plots of land on the big island in less desirable areas for <$8000 like this one

http://www.trulia.com/property/3210957796-Lot-1460-S-Ohiki-St-1460-Pahoa-HI-96778

I had it reasonably planned out with a yurt, rain water catchment, solar power, septic system for <$50,000 to live off the grid for a while.

But it is volcano area, Meth is a big problem there and racism is pretty big so being white would probably cause me a whole lot of trouble.

but it sure seems appealing to just have to sit in a hammock and eat papaya off the trees every day.

few years ago I was thinking about moving to rural Hawaii. You can get plots of land on the big island in less desirable areas for <$8000 like this one

http://www.trulia.com/property/3210957796-Lot-1460-S-Ohiki-St-1460-Pahoa-HI-96778

I had it reasonably planned out with a yurt, rain water catchment, solar power, septic system for <$50,000 to live off the grid for a while.

But it is volcano area, Meth is a big problem there and racism is pretty big so being white would probably cause me a whole lot of trouble.

but it sure seems appealing to just have to sit in a hammock and eat papaya off the trees every day.
Howly

I have no desire whatsoever to go to Hawaii.:s0002: I have heard too many stories of the Racism there,:s0119: too crowded and if I wanted an Island home it would be around Indonesia.:s0129: Some parts there are having civil unrest so there goes that idea. Too bad Costa Rica is ruined now,:s0117: let me guess, the price of land there has probably skyrocketed now. Oh well, what can ya do ,:s0092: too many people on this Rock. I almost have my home paid off in Good Ole Oregon, :s0160:I am Blessed ! :s0047:

As a gun owner who wants to be able to protect his family, I would say South Africa. They have decent hospitals, clean water, nice weather, and from what I have heard its not particularly difficult to get a handgun and a carry permit if you are willing to jump thru a few hoops.

As a gun owner who wants to be able to protect his family, I would say South Africa. They have decent hospitals, clean water, nice weather, and from what I have heard its not particularly difficult to get a handgun and a carry permit if you are willing to jump thru a few hoops.

Great surfing as well as long as you dont mind doing it with rather large fish with a mouthful of teefs.

2.gif

I would like to visit a tropical place at least once just to see the flora and climate. A once a year visit 5 days or so to AZ to get a break from some dark Northwest winter days would work well, maybe catch some spring training.

I have no desire to live or even partially reside outside the US. I have a bucket list of places here to see. We will not move away from our kids or grand kids, and really being away would get in the way of fall salmon fishing, winter steelhead fishing, grandson football games, grand daughter soccer games, elk hunting, grandson grand daughter basketball games, Little League games, reloading ammo, shooting at my range, planting more apples and grapes, harvesting produce from the garden, whacking coyotes who come after chickens, fly fishing on Tumalo Creek, fly fishing on the Nehalem River, and on and on and on.

I would like to visit a tropical place at least once just to see the flora and climate. A once a year visit 5 days or so to AZ to get a break from some dark Northwest winter days would work well, maybe catch some spring training.

I have no desire to live or even partially reside outside the US. I have a bucket list of places here to see. We will not move away from our kids or grand kids, and really being away would get in the way of fall salmon fishing, winter steelhead fishing, grandson football games, grand daughter soccer games, elk hunting, grandson grand daughter basketball games, Little League games, reloading ammo, shooting at my range, planting more apples and grapes, harvesting produce from the garden, whacking coyotes who come after chickens, fly fishing on Tumalo Creek, fly fishing on the Nehalem River, and on and on and on.

All those things hints you mentioned are signs of a great living. Be open to seeing some new lands though. I always was a nay sayer, till I went to Hawaii. That place is heaven.

I reckon it would be the Cook Islands for me.
Lol. I'm reminded of a guy that was going to a whole bunch of little islands over there about 30 years ago. On each and every island he went to, the natives would tell him "don't go over there..! it's terrible and you'll die!" about some nearby island he intended to go.
Kinda like here.

Establish, and make known around the area, that you are a doctor and people may be more welcoming. :s0155:

If I had the chance to see some Tropics, :s0145:I would go to Australyur, :s0005:Brasil, Uruguay, Argentina, :s0073:Thailand, Malaysia and Mexico. :s0053:I loved fishing in Mexico, hot yes, but the fishing was hot as well. :s0071: :s0165:
No kidding. I knew a guy that pedaled around the world on a penny farthing. If you want to do something, do it.. we're all gonna die anyway.

I talked to a guy that lived in Borneo, 6 months at a time. :s0129: If I remember right and it was back in the early 90's. He said you could live well for Months with $500, :s0133:and said he would go there every year. But now, I don't know, might just research for curiosity. :s0083:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top